Guide Me
star_border

About Broach Match Synonymous & Variation Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

Two questions:

1: Let's say I have the keyword '' jobs '' added as broad match and, upon checking the search terms report, I found that the term '' work opportunities '' received numerous conversions as a synonymous to the broad match keyword.

In this case, is it useful to add '' work opportunities '' as BMM / PM / EM or it won't make a difference since the original broad match keywords triggers all synonymous and variation keywords?

What I have in mind is maybe when adding the synonymous / variation, I will be helping it receive greater search impression share in this manner. I am not sure though.

2: If I have two keywords added, say '' jobs '' & " +opportunities " and jobs trigger opportunities as a synonymous, does that mean that I am competing against myself?

Please advise!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muhammad Hazem S
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Muhammad Hazem S,

"... adding the synonymous / variation, I will be helping it receive greater search impression share ..."

Correct, you hit the nail on the head. It's beneficial to add that search term to the list of keywords.

"... jobs trigger opportunities as a synonym..."

@Muhammad Hazem S, that's out of the question. What you assume will never happen under the scenario you described.

Best,

Lakatos

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Yep, add the search terms that are converting so you can give them their own bid and keep track of them easier. Give them their own ad group so you can tailor the ad copy.