AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

About Bids, Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

suppose i have campaign in which all the keywords are in broad modifier which is running since 6 months now i want to take good keywords from search term report and make a new campaign by putting these keywords in exact match and to avoid duplication of keywords i will add search term keywords which are in exact match in new campaign in negative on previous campaign which is already running in broad keyword will this work..to improve campaign performance (quality score ,ad rank etc)??

I want to this because i want to bid high on good keywords and low in broad modifier keywords

3 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sanjeet K
September 2015

Re: About Bids, Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sanjeet,

Welcome to the community!

This strategy will work as you are adding selected keywords in a more restrictive match type (exact) and with a higher bid.

As you are creating a new campaign it will also be easy to control budget and measure performance.

Don't forget to write very specific keyword/ad group related ads in the new campaign, (compared to your more generic ads in earlier BMM campaign).

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjeet, further to Deepak's reply, I might also add that using Exact Matches may allow you to make good use of Dynamic Keyword Insertion in your Ads to further increase relevance and potentially CTR.

Bear in mind that DKI inserts the Keyword, not the Search term, so where you use DKI you'll need to ensure your Ads "make sense" with any potential Keyword inserted.

More about Dynamic Keyword Insertion.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjeet,

In addition to excellent replies above by Deepak and Jon, I would like to add that it is one of the common practice to include the embedded negatives in order to streamline the flow of search queries within your account. You can also first review the global and local searches before introducing those search terms as keywords in a new campaign.

Some advertisers initially include all different match types within a single campaign and based on the performance, continue with the high performing match type and pause the other ones. So it all depends on how you want to optimize the account.

I would also like you to emphasize on one very informative help center article about how same keyword matches with different search terms here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

My couple of cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sanjeet,

Welcome to the community!

This strategy will work as you are adding selected keywords in a more restrictive match type (exact) and with a higher bid.

As you are creating a new campaign it will also be easy to control budget and measure performance.

Don't forget to write very specific keyword/ad group related ads in the new campaign, (compared to your more generic ads in earlier BMM campaign).

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjeet, further to Deepak's reply, I might also add that using Exact Matches may allow you to make good use of Dynamic Keyword Insertion in your Ads to further increase relevance and potentially CTR.

Bear in mind that DKI inserts the Keyword, not the Search term, so where you use DKI you'll need to ensure your Ads "make sense" with any potential Keyword inserted.

More about Dynamic Keyword Insertion.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjeet,

In addition to excellent replies above by Deepak and Jon, I would like to add that it is one of the common practice to include the embedded negatives in order to streamline the flow of search queries within your account. You can also first review the global and local searches before introducing those search terms as keywords in a new campaign.

Some advertisers initially include all different match types within a single campaign and based on the performance, continue with the high performing match type and pause the other ones. So it all depends on how you want to optimize the account.

I would also like you to emphasize on one very informative help center article about how same keyword matches with different search terms here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

My couple of cents!

Pankaj