AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AVG POSITION STUCK TO 4

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I hope you can help me in understanding why my ads are stuck in position 4. I have created several specific adgroups and ads for the keywords I'm interested in and I'm using exact match and phrase match but I can't improve to go in the first 3 positions.

It has happened for 2 days to be in position 1 and 2 but then it dropped to 4.

How could optimize to keep position 1 and 2?

Thanks for your help

A.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author arianna
September 2015

Re: AVG POSITION STUCK TO 4

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

thanks you for your reply. 

Actually those position are converting but with a poor quality consumers and best consumers come from the 1-3 positions.

To see from which poition I get conversion I use analytics and the goal conversion are from the TOP positions... But if you know any way that can see me things more clearly about where the converions come from please let know!

A.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

The best person to judge the good quality leads and converting position is you only because you know how the account behaves Smiley Happy

So my suggestion would be to improve on the Ad Rank ( i.e. Quality Score X Bidding). So, work on improving the Quality Score. The higher it is, the low you will have to pay and of course the higher will be your ad rank. Remember that CTR is the core component. Make sure it is excellent and if you are able to maintain it, you will see Quality Score moving up and so will be your ad rank. Also, refer to the article I included above.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi arianna,

My first hand experience in terms of ad position is that it's not always worth aiming for the Top 3 positions because they might or might not be the real converting position for you in terms of ROI.

If I would have been at your position, I would have first looked at if that position (3 or 4) is really worth for me from leads, phone calls perspective or not. If yes, then I would be more than happy to be at the same position and collecting leads/ phone calls for my client. If not, then I would change my gears to look for the converting position may be little higher or little lower based on what all stats I would gather.

Still if you aim Top 3 core positions, it's worth reading this article and apply the strategy to try and reach there.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

thanks you for your reply. 

Actually those position are converting but with a poor quality consumers and best consumers come from the 1-3 positions.

To see from which poition I get conversion I use analytics and the goal conversion are from the TOP positions... But if you know any way that can see me things more clearly about where the converions come from please let know!

A.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

The best person to judge the good quality leads and converting position is you only because you know how the account behaves Smiley Happy

So my suggestion would be to improve on the Ad Rank ( i.e. Quality Score X Bidding). So, work on improving the Quality Score. The higher it is, the low you will have to pay and of course the higher will be your ad rank. Remember that CTR is the core component. Make sure it is excellent and if you are able to maintain it, you will see Quality Score moving up and so will be your ad rank. Also, refer to the article I included above.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj