2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AMP and ppc landing pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am working on a website where conversions are form completions. The landing page & following pages do not have pictures or content other then the form questions. would they benefit from having AMP added to them? Not from a SEO POV, only from google adwords and bing thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AMP and ppc landing pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
By AMP: Are you referring to accelerated mobile page?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that right. Will it have any affect on a AdWords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah that's right. will it have any effect on a AdWords campaign

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@brendan c;

No. It's a website development (and developers) topic, not an AdWords.

It does affect the  publisher websites (sites which show ads), not the advertisers.

Let me ping on  this one of our developers;

@Dave_Davis

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry my question was not clear. I mean as far as landing page experience stat on AdWords? Would it effect me positively having amp on CPC or qs
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author brendan c
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Brendan,

Considering that Google lays out 3 specific areas of Landing Page Experience (ease of navigation on mobile/desktop, page load speed, and overall mobile friendliness) that are all impacted in a positive way by AMP, I can't see how it can hurt - at least on the landing pages.  

If what you're working on is a conversion to AMP from pre-existing pages, you could test a couple of the Landing Pages using AMP and then compare to previous performance.

My couple cents

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

AMP and ppc landing pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brendan, anything you can do to improve your page load times will create a better landing page experience, which should generally contribute to better quality.

As for your specific AMP question... AMP helps your pages load faster a number of different ways.  One way is by enforcing good practices around the placement and usage of javascript (e.g. too many developers put lots of render-blocking JS too high on the pages).  So there could be some benefit.  

To tell if this helps speed, create a few AMP versions of your pages.  Host them on the same server, and use www.WebPageTest.org to test how quickly they render on a 3G connection.

If you like the results, simply add these AMP page URLs as your Mobile Final URLs in AdWords.

Jon

AdWords Product Management