Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

ACE bidding for specific ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to apply different bids to specific ads in a same adgroup, so I thought maybe ACE could be a solution. Here is what I would like to try :

In a same adgroup, I set up 2 ads as "Control", 2 ads as "Test", and all keywords as "Test and Control".

If I set a bidding of +0,50€ to all Test keywords (after segmenting them by test), will Adwords be able to associate the Test keywords to the Test ads, in order to apply that +0,50€ only to Test ads ?

LT

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lily T
September 2015

Re: ACE bidding for specific ads

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Bids apply to keywords, not ads, so I don't believe this will work the way you hope it will.  An ACE test splits out ad serving data so you can compare performance for different elements, like testing different bids for different keywords. The bid data is not applied to ads and does not affect which ads get triggered.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lily T
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Bids apply to keywords, not ads, so I don't believe this will work the way you hope it will.  An ACE test splits out ad serving data so you can compare performance for different elements, like testing different bids for different keywords. The bid data is not applied to ads and does not affect which ads get triggered.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

That is what I expected, it is too bad, I'm not really keen on duplicating adgroups to apply different bids for different ads....

Anyway thanks a lot for your reply !

LT

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Also, I should point out that having the same keyword appear more than once in your campaign is not going to produce the results you want. The ad system will not serve each instance of the keyword 50% of the time. It's most likely to choose one instance and serve it 100% of the time.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*