AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

A big arrow comes in when using Display Ad Builder

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi guys,

Everytime I use the "create ad" feature of the ad builder, and "edit" one of the templates given... I encounter a very odd problem. 

I edit, and when I change the element, like adding a logo, or changing the background colour of the display ad, a white arrow comes right in. This started happening when Display Ad Builder became an HTML5 builder. 

Once that happens, I pretty much have to forget about it because no matter how many times I redo the same ad in incognito mode, or different team computers, the arrow returns eventually. It happens more when you change background colour than anything

This happen to anyone yet?

Thanks!

Screen_Shot_2015-10-31_at_5_05_45_PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A big arrow comes in when using Display Ad Builder

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark
I use this tool heavily and I've never seen this before.
Does it happen with another browser or just chrome?
I have a feeling this might be caused by the hosted app data (not your temporary internet files or cache) from AdWords. Can you try using another browser or try deleting these in Chrome?

err.jpg

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hi Dave,

Yup, did that, ran in incognito, tried a different browser (safari) and still the same thing.

Its very weird.

Thanks for your reply!

Mark

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mark.
That's so weird. I'm going to assume that it doesn't appear when the ad is saved though right?

Next time you see it, can you copy the source code of the page into a text file so I can examine it?

Can you give any more information about how long you're in the editor before this happens?

I know you alluded to it already, but could you possibly outline the complete set of steps that you take to be able to reproduce this problem? If it is a bug, this will be the only way we can identify it and get it reported.

As I mentioned, I use this tool a lot myself. Although I rarely change the background from the default white or whatever the ideas generated provides.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Dave, so sorry for taking this long to get back to you. Tried various things (including other computers) to figure this out.

Couldn't do the source code however, I made a video of what happens. Very annoying.