2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

A/B testing between two ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to compare the results from two Ad Groups that use different display URLs. I cant do this by simply changing the display URL in half the ads because as you know only one display URL is permitted per Ad Group.

So each of my two Ad Groups has identical keywords and are subject to the same SETTINGS. However I don't want ads from both Ad Groups appearing simultaneously in response to a particular search result.

Is there some way to alternately pause and activate the Ad Groups so that only one of the two Ad Groups is constsntly active and each is getting the same exposure (impressions, time or daily budget)?

If this is possible then after a few weeks I hope to have sound data upon which to base my future choice of display URL in my ads.

Hope you can help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: A/B testing between two ad groups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi FrankDM,

I think what you migh be looking for is "Experiments". That will allow you to test different domains.

You are limited to one Domain per AdGroup, but you can have different display URL's in the same AdGroup. If you are testing domain names, experiments will be the way to go. But if you are testing different pages in the same domain as your display URL, I would put (at least) 2 ads in the same group and set them to rotate evenly.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi FrankDM,

I think what you migh be looking for is "Experiments". That will allow you to test different domains.

You are limited to one Domain per AdGroup, but you can have different display URL's in the same AdGroup. If you are testing domain names, experiments will be the way to go. But if you are testing different pages in the same domain as your display URL, I would put (at least) 2 ads in the same group and set them to rotate evenly.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

DEfinitely a case for AdWords Campaign Experiments

support.google.com/adwords/answer/2385204/?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4