Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

A/B Landing Page Split Test

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need to test 2 landing pages, my plan was to duplicate the current ad creatives I have in each adgroup. One set pointing to page A and the other set to page B. How do I upload duplicate ad creatives to each adgroup. I have tried to upload the copied ad creatives with the new destination URL (B) but it is just over writing the (A) creatives.

Thanks,

Emma

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A/B Landing Page Split Test

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Dan O,

If you are just uploading one new ad, you can simply click the red "+Ad" button in the Ads tab of your campaign. 

Alternativly try using AdWords Editor to do this. Here is an article that should help your to add multiple text ads via AdWords Editor.

Kathleen

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Emma,

Going by what your have described here, i am guessing you are carrying out this process on the AdWords Editor. If in fact you are using the Editor, all you need to do to import the ad copies with the new Destination URL is change a setting in your Editor.

Here is what you need to do:

Step 1. In your Editor, go to Tools. A window will open up in front of you
Step 2. Under the 'General' Settings tab look for the 'Import' section. Should be just above the bottom of the window
Step 3. Under Import is an option - ' When Importing Ads with different URLs'. Click on it.
Step 4. Choose the option - ' Create new ad if display URL or destination URL is different'
Step 5. Click OK

Restart the Editor once ( just to be sure) and try uploading the ad copies again. This is should eliminate the issue withe overwriting of the existing ad copies.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you ShashanK!!

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
You are welcome Tara!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"