Guide Me
star_border

A/B/C Landing page testing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to test 3 different landing pages simultaneously, how do you recommend me to do that?

Thanks for your help
Roy

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Roy K,

You can create three ads that are identical (except for the landing page URL) for one ad group (do not duplicate the ad group), then you can set the ad group to rotate ads evenly, which will serve them equally and allow you to gauge performance. You would want to make sure all three ads are identical, except for the URL, and that no other ads were enabled for that ad group to best track engagement. 

Another way would be to do the testing outside of the AdWords environment by using Google Analytics content experiments

Kind Regards,

James 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Roy K

I would echo James' second recommendation  of using Analytics. If you want to  test 3 pages simultaneously  (in other words, multi variable statistics) you need Analytics, 

Let me explain: The issue with identical ads  rotate evenly is that in practice they do not. Google does give an advantage to the less performing ads, but yet there is a big gap between less performing and the best performing ads. So, to bring enough traffic, to a landing page, served by the less performing - for a reliable statistical analysis - this could take a long time.    

Analytics A/B testing is designed to serve all pages with random distribution of traffic and to analyze performance. Though using it does require some background in statistics.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’