Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

99% of Display ad conversions coming from YouTube

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, everyone!

I run a Display ad campaign for a car dealership. In June, the campaign received 56,000 clicks and 400 conversions. 99% of these converters came from YouTube banner ads. 

When I randomly check the exact videos where the converters came, most of them are kid videos such as toy unboxing, kids playing games, etc. As we are a car dealership, this is strange to see people who are watching these kinds of videos to convert.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Farkhod F,

What is the targeting you have added in your campaign?

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @RAKESH!

It's 18+, men and women, who are interested in a particular car brand.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As its an open targeting, so your ads can appear in the YT kids video.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How do I stop my ads from appearing in YT Kids?

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

If you are getting conversions, then why exclude a converting placement, that generates 99% of your conversions?

I would be very cautious about making any changes that could result in you losing 99% of your conversions. If your top selling vehicles are family vehicles (mini vans, SUV's), then parents would seem to be your target market. Parents (especially moms) watching videos of cute kids, or cute animals, isn't uncommon. Smiley Happy Double-check your demographics reports and see if you can gain any further insights about your audience.

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Guys, still haven't found a solution to this problem: 99% of display ad conversions are coming from kids' cartoons on YouTube (like ChuChu TV, Wheels on the Bus, toys unpacking). Then I checked Google Analytics and these users from YouTube are spending way less time (20 secs vs 1:40 in Paid Search) and visiting fewer pages (1.24 pages vs 2.4 pages in Paid Search).

My suspicion is that parents who are falling under my targeting are giving the devices to their kids and kids are clicking the ads → going to the landing page → clicking the call us button (largest button).

How do I stop displaying the ads on kids' videos? Is this even possible?

Thank you!