AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

9 out of 10 Low volume keywords in every adgroup.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been given to deal with a huge account with 100+ campaign, millions of Keyword and thousands of Adgroup. The account is running and preforming ok (avg CTR: 6% ) for the last few years. My question is if every adgroup has 10 set of keywords and 9 being low volume keywords, would it have any negative effect on the performance of the account. Its there any advantage to running a setup like this.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohammad A
September 2015

Re: 9 out of 10 Low volume keywords in every adgroup.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Low search volume keywords do not have a negative affect on your accounts and if you expect the search volume to increase on these keywords then go for it BUT I general don't like having those keywords in my account. There is an advantage for having very detailed ad groups if you have a variety of keywords because its more relevant ad text which can increase quality score.

Hope this helps.

PPC Sophie
PPCSophie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sophie.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I prefer to keep low volume key words as long as there are  clicks from time to time;

Think of that: you had 10 impressions and 2 clicks; this is a CTR of 20%!! (You don't get to see that high CTR frequently...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’