AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

9 out of 10 Low volume keywords in every adgroup.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been given to deal with a huge account with 100+ campaign, millions of Keyword and thousands of Adgroup. The account is running and preforming ok (avg CTR: 6% ) for the last few years. My question is if every adgroup has 10 set of keywords and 9 being low volume keywords, would it have any negative effect on the performance of the account. Its there any advantage to running a setup like this.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohammad A
September 2015

Re: 9 out of 10 Low volume keywords in every adgroup.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Low search volume keywords do not have a negative affect on your accounts and if you expect the search volume to increase on these keywords then go for it BUT I general don't like having those keywords in my account. There is an advantage for having very detailed ad groups if you have a variety of keywords because its more relevant ad text which can increase quality score.

Hope this helps.

PPC Sophie
PPCSophie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohammad A
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Low search volume keywords do not have a negative affect on your accounts and if you expect the search volume to increase on these keywords then go for it BUT I general don't like having those keywords in my account. There is an advantage for having very detailed ad groups if you have a variety of keywords because its more relevant ad text which can increase quality score.

Hope this helps.

PPC Sophie
PPCSophie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sophie.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I prefer to keep low volume key words as long as there are  clicks from time to time;

Think of that: you had 10 impressions and 2 clicks; this is a CTR of 20%!! (You don't get to see that high CTR frequently...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’