AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

9/10 but low quality?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone! 

I don't understand why adwords keep saying that the quality score is low. Here is the situation. 

I am managing two competitor websites. Website A has part of the targeted keyword in the domain name, gets 7-8 out of 10 quality score, and receives 500 clicks per day on a given keyword, where site B, a 1 month old site with NO keywords in the domain name, shows 9/10 but gets only 5 clicks per day with the same bid. 

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 11.15.23 AM.png

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 9/10 but low quality?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Boris R;

Indeed, a keyword in the display URL could improve CTR. If possible I would recommend to set  an ad group with DKI also in the display URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tried that before, didn't help. I think adwords pays attention when the keyword is inside the domain name, instead of being added after the extension.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I don't think so. CTR is an issue of an appealing ad-copy with a call to action.
Review and modify the ad-copy.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 12.57.16 PM.png
I don't think the CTR is a problem for the site B.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Just to clarify; since these are competitors -  I am assuming  that these are 2 separate accounts - can you confirm?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yup. Separate.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Boris R,

I think the key here is ad rank, not QS. If you are getting good CTR for the keyword on the newer site, consider increasing your Max CPC bid for the keyword to at least match the ad rank of the older site. (ad rank = QS * Max CPC).

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well that's the thing. I know I can always increase the CPC, but that's what I am trying to avoid. If I increase the CPC, my ROI suffers greatly. Since I am aware that google is able to offer clicks at a price I currently want to pay, it is baffling that there is no indicators as to what is different between A and B websites. The indicators they provide, such as QS, which are suppose to help us determine the course of action, seem to be absolute in this situation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is still an open issue. Please contribute if you have ideas.