AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

810 potential views,, 6 clicks- ten bucks, and NOT ONE CALL..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

nobody is calling,,

if i had ONE call to set up service a day.. i would NEVER stop advertising..

but not one call.

.if i had one call a week, become a customer  it would pay for itself..

but not one call

what can i do differently?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 810 potential views,, 6 clicks- ten bucks, and NOT ONE CALL..

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Tell us the following please:

1. What service are you advertising?

2. can you share your website url? (use bit.ly to shorten the url if you want) 

3. Example of your Keywords

4. what network(s) are your ads appearing on? serach, display, both?

5. have you looked at your search terms report? the CTR is low which leads me to believe you are appearing on irrelevant search queries or are on the Display Network which may not be a good fit for you.

Don't worry we can get you on the right track....

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to be more patient. To get one call from 6 clicks is a pretty good conversion rate and even if you only get 1 call in 50 clicks that isn´t too bad, generally speaking. Whether it´s profitable is a completely different question, but 10 bucks ain´t that much, so I guess you can afford yet a few clicks before turning in to red.

6 clicks really isn´t a sufficient volume to draw any conclusions, not even if you had gotten 1 click. It wouldn´t be statistically significant.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kim,

i have been researching information on keywords and trying to figure out more about the  most cost effective solutions to my google adword campaign.

after alot of reading and video etc. i finally understand what everything means and what are the best keywords. but i am still trying to figure out one thing.

2 years ago i started my first campaign. i had tons of clicks and no business. it was pretty bad because now that i understand alot...i now realized i had horrible keywords...no negative keywords. but i was paying quite low, so i was getting alot of clicks...but not quality clicks.

now i with my new campaign, i know i have the right kewords. have a total of 30 bucks per day. and i only get about 4 clicks day with the budget being completely used up. my CTR is between 5 and 20 percent so that is pretty good. i have my default bid set to maximum of 6.30 per click. way to high but i figure if my mx is set high then i will be at a postiion of 2 to 3 (in my business there is alot of competition). since my position is high (and my ad is attractive) my click though rate is high. but unfortunately that gets used up so quick becasue the cost is so high.

although i am paying alot i thought that since my clickthrough rate is high then eventually  google adwords will start lowering my price becasue my CTR score is high which i thought is a major factor in how google sets the prices. my campaign has been running for just over a week. do you think i should just keep it or should i just lower the max. i am afraid that we will be paying 5 bucks or more per click forever which my boss will not allow. he was expecting hundreds of quality clicks for the amount we are paying. is this unrealistic or do i just have to be patient?

Thanks for your help!

Brandon

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brandon!

I´w definitely reduce my max CPC if I were you.

If you have a good CTR you can probably get a few clicks per day also in a lower position. Especially if your keywords are high volume. And you´ll have money left  for more clicks than before. 

Your max CPC is 6.30, but what´s your actual CPC?

Take a look at your lost impression share budget also, if it is really high there may be a a good margin for many low cost clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK SO NOW MY AVERAGE cps IS 4.07 (my Max is set to 6.30 per click)

IMpressions today was 746. and 8 CLicks = total cost camer to 32 bucks. which to me is costly.

Average Position is 4.2

based on that, what would you suggest changing my max cost per click? if so what is your reasoning behind it?

I just added the Impression Share Column but nothing shows. i am thinking this is becasue i jsut added it and it takes a day to start showing results. Am i right on that?

thanks alot David for your help! Really appreciate it!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is another update.

this is stats for today

I have 4 ads.

---------------------------------------------

First ad. 

first  key word 1 click 4 impressions CTR is 25%. position 2

second key word 0 clicks 6 impressions 

third keyword 0 click 1 impression           

Average CPC 3.37---

----------------------------------------------

Second ad. 

first  key word 1 click 207 impressions CTR is .48%. position 4.4

second key word 1 clicks 118 impressions CTR is .85%. position 5.1

third keyword 1 click 142 impression  CTR is .70%.  position 4.8      

Average CPC 4.28---

Third ad. 

first  key word 2 click 136 impressions CTR is 1.47%. position 3.6

second key word 1 clicks 26 impressions CTR is 3.85%. position 3.2

third keyword 0 click 9 impression           

Average CPC 4.19---

Fourth  ad. 

first  key word 1 click 25 impressions CTR is 4%. position 2.6

second key word 0 clicks 30 impressions

third keyword 0 click 4 impression           

Average CPC 3.80---

All of these ads lead to a online store. do you think its better to just keep the first ad as the CTR is 25%...that is pretty dam high. same with the fourth ad. is it better just to keep the ones running which is working at optimum levels in reguards to cost per click and how fast the ad is being clicked on. Also does this mean that if it is being clicked on the 5 to 25 impressions that i can afford to lower my max bid? i just thought that if my CTR is high then some day soon google with lower my cost becasue of the quality of my ad and keywords and landding page etc.

please advise.thank you kindly!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brandon!

Let´s see, many things at once here. To give sound advice I´d need to have a complete picture (keywords, match types, ads, networks etc etc etc). That is not possible but I´ll do what I can anyway.

I just added the Impression Share Column but nothing shows. i am thinking this is becasue i jsut added it and it takes a day to start showing results. Am i right on that?

That might have to do with the date range you´re using. Is you´re trying to ses IS for yesterday you may very well just get - .

first  key word 1 click 4 impressions CTR is 25%. position 2 

Not enough data to draw any conclusions.

As far as I understand you didn´t change you max cpc, it was always at 6.30?
In that case - why did your avg. cpc decrease?

How many keywords do you have in each ad group? What match type are they?
It may be that your CTR is an effect of low relevance between search query and ad text; which in turn may be an effect of your keyword matching option.
Try some really tight ad groups, with only a very few keywords using only exact and/or phrase match and 2-3 ads with  really good relevance in relation to the keywords.

Remember: CTR is not the most important thing, profit is. Low CTR is not bad in itself, but only to worry about in case you believe that all those lost possible customers could really be profitable customers. If you have to pay too much to catch them, then maybe you shouldn´t catch them. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey David!!

Hope your doing great this Friday! Okk here are some more info and answers to some of your questions.

Impression Share Column- i changed it to show"This Week" and now i see information. it says Impression Share 54.39% i don't really get what it means though even though the question mark on teh column gives the formula.

I did not change my My Average CPC probably decreased because of alot of people searching using those kewords....not sure about that.

I have about 7 keywords in each ad group but like you just advised i paused the keywords which were not as tightly matched with the ad. the ones that had a high CTR score i kept becasue if i lower the Max CPC then i should still get a decent CTR score with a lower Position. Thats the conclusion i came to. So now i have about 3-4 really good quality keywords running per ad.

I decided to try and see what happens if i lower the MAX to $1.75 to 2.50 depending on the ad...and see how many Clicks i get. I'm very interested to see the outcome. So like you said, if i have high impressions due to lower position from lower max bid, but still get double, triple or quadruple the clicks then who cares because i may finally get some sales.

Is automatic bidding option any good? Supposedly it says this setting gives the most possible clicks within your budget. but if this was the case then wouldn't everyone use this? the only thing i do not like about this is you cannot set a schedule. our products are technical and so people may have questions before making a purchase. Se we have our ads running a few hours before we open until about 30 mins before we close. So for this reason alone it seems that auto bidding is not a great option for us at this time.

Thanks for your help. It feels good to know there is somone out there who can coach you a bit to make sure your not totally wasting your money. after all good results means we keep spending money on these ads.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again

I am not really sure about what changes you have done and what you plan or think about doing, but anway, I suggest that if you do some significant changes, leave the account for a few days and then evaluate your changes (of course having a look once or twice won´t hurt). Things can fluctuate a lot between days.

Is your lost impression share du to budget or ranking?

I don´t think you told me what match types you are (and were) using?

No, automatic bidding is not a good option. In the end, we all wanna know what is going and why and be able to effect things ourselves.

Hope this helps