Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

8% convertion Clicks to Leads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie and I am stuck, I sell a service and my first aim is to gain leads so I can sell my product. I have a campaign that is giving me the same result in terms of leads now that I spent £70 per day than before when I was spending £25 per day. Last week I had 18975 impressions and 556 clicks and 47 leads came in. I really thought  that if £25 per day I was getting around 10 leads a day with £70 I would at least get 20!! I've made a very aggressive campaign being top most of the time, my question is, out of 556 click and visits, shouldn't I be getting 20% leads? Can someone please help?

Thank you in advance.

Christian

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 8% convertion Clicks to Leads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Christian and welcome,

I must say that only with increasing the daily budget, you shouldn't expect double conversions. There are other factors also which have to be considered like what time of the day you are getting conversions, which day you are getting conversions, the traffic which has increased is it relevant to your product or not, what is the ad position on which you get the most conversions etc...

I would suggest you to first analyse how your stats were when you were getting 10 conversions in a day and then try to judge the best converting time and all to see if it is worth enough to increase the budget or not.

There are bright chances that if you increase the budget, your ads will be delivered for longer duration during the whole day but at the same time, what it matters is whether the ad rank is high along with other metrics.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would compare the number of "returning visitors" in Analytics from the time frame when you haven't increased your budget with the returning visitors from the time-frame of the increased budget ( an equal number of days). You may notice that the same people are searching for the same type of products very often and maybe more often when you received more clicks but less leads. For example a clothes store can receive many visits which convert late in the 30 days time-frame of a cookie, because their visitors are undecided. You may be paying for the same people , unless it is a Display Campaign with frequency capping of 1 per month.

I don't know if you already use this feature, but I would also take advantage of remarketing in order to get more leads from your visitors who didn't convert . You are already investing a lot in the traffic, this is a good way to profit from those visitors in which you already invested.

http://www.google.com/analytics/features/remarketing.html

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/remarketing.html

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the advice. I will take it on board and putting in to actions, I will let you know how I get on.

Christian