AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

3,200 impressions but no idea where. :(

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Today (by 3PM)  my ad group shows 3,200+ impressions.  I wish to see where this great quantity of impressions occur.  I found them all to listed under "Other Domains" deifned as <<These webpages ran your ads but aren't listed in the rows above. Some examples of why a URL would be calculated as "Other":  Your ad received an impression, but not a click. Your ad didn't receive a significant number of impressions. The page ran your ad within the past 48 hours and just hasn't yet been listed individually.>>

Okay.  But, 3,200+ impressions is a ton!  And I can't see even one site that displayed the impressions!  What's up?  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mof (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: 3,200 impressions but no idea where. :(

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris2004x,

Quite a few of us see this as a problem when using the Display Network. Web sites that produce a high number of impressions but no clicks are not reported--so we can't block them from showing our ads.

Are you using keywords in your campaign? If not, I recommend you do so. It's not perfect for targeting, but is quite a bit better than having no keywords.  Keywords now show impressions and clicks in the DN. Take a look there (if you have keywords) and see if any are running up a lot of impressions with no clicks. Either lower your bid, change the match type to a more restrictive match type, or delete poor performing keywords.

This should help mitigate the number of impressions in "Other Domains".

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mof (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris2004x,

Quite a few of us see this as a problem when using the Display Network. Web sites that produce a high number of impressions but no clicks are not reported--so we can't block them from showing our ads.

Are you using keywords in your campaign? If not, I recommend you do so. It's not perfect for targeting, but is quite a bit better than having no keywords.  Keywords now show impressions and clicks in the DN. Take a look there (if you have keywords) and see if any are running up a lot of impressions with no clicks. Either lower your bid, change the match type to a more restrictive match type, or delete poor performing keywords.

This should help mitigate the number of impressions in "Other Domains".

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I do use keywords. I can see the DN impressions and DN clicks, but not the sources. Smiley Sad ...I have chosen Automatic bidding, so I won't lower my bid until I get more data on CPC and such (sound ok?) I do have keyword optimization ahead of me for many reasons. Smiley Happy THANKS and keeping rocking to The Dead