AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

250+ unique visits and no sales, could use advice once again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I think I got a good sample size of visitors now and still no sales at:

www.peregrinearchery.com

The ads with adwords takes them to the buy now page.

I could really use some advice. I'd love to at least make one sale no matter what it costs me haha.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 250+ unique visits and no sales, could use advice once again

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

There is no easy answer to this but you can try following points

1. Implement event tracking for each add to cart button so you can track how many people actually clicked on it

2. List products with Thumbnail and short intro with read more link so user gets to see all your products

3. Try to land users on diffrent product pages as per keywords

4. Highlight points like "Free Suede grip for the first 10 customers!" and "1 Year Warranty."

there are several things you can do to improve this page and your conversion but points above can be agood start

Regards

nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi kestrelarchery,

I think you are using broad match and keywords with 1-2 words here are some suggestion for you to avoid unwanted / irrelevant clicks

1. Don't use one word Keywords.

2. Always use phrase or exact match for small keywords.

3. use long tail keywords specifically related to your product.

4. Use geo targeting method where you can provide your services.

5. Make specific ad group and ad copies for particular product.

Hope this help !!

Regards

-Vicky

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello Kestrelarchery,

Apart from above good advices.

This is a open ended question and without knowing your campaign structure it will be unfair to make any statement. Visits you have seen is from Paid search or Organic Search.

You are running campaign on Search Network, display Network or both? Please elaborate lil more for us to understand your issues better.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visits are mostly from paid search.

I am only using the search network.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Do you have conversion tracking installed for your campaign?
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello,

If you receiving good amount of visits from paid search then users visit your landing page and did not convert indicates that your landing page is not attrative. User click on your ad but do not find what they want on your landing page. Results, No conversions.

Recommeded Reading on Landing Page Improvements:

Understanding landing page experience

Article by ScottyD (Top Contributor) on Landing Page

Apart from that some general tips:

• Make your landing page easily Navigable.
  • Should be very decent in designs
  • Make content on a landing page informative, catchy and Crispy.
  • Highligh offers, key points on your landing page as suggested by Theniks.

What is the Quality score & CTR for your campaigns?

Thanks
Neha

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
  1. You got some great tips from Neha, Vicky & Nik - and my first tip to you is to implement all of the tips Smiley Wink

2. My second tip is that I recommend you to install Google Analytics, that will enable you to see the keywords brings you high "Bounce Rate" and the keywords that gives you the more "active users" (those who see more than 1 page at the moment).

3. And the Last tip I can give you is to read this free Guide to Building Successful AdWords Campaign - that was written by Google

Good Luck,

Asaf

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, Except all the good advice from senior member, I think below few points may help you

1- "Add to cart" Button position:- It is on the right hand side, you can test it to place this button just blow the decription of your product/services.

2- "Add to cart" link open in new window. It just confused me. Your paypal shopping cart should be open in same window.

3- You landing page  (buy now page) looks like some article page and not a catalog/product page. Make every product looks different from each other.

4- Your "add to cart" button color can be more highlighted. You can use different button in paypal and can also try to change "add to cart" to "Buy Now".

Hope it will help. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

My personal opinion, for what it's worth...

Perhaps you are targeting users in the "wrong" stage of the buying cycle, as far as your specific business/site is concerned, at this point...

It looks like you're off to a good start, certainly better than I could ever do. Smiley Happy But, you may need to focus on engagement first, before you can really optimize the sales/conversion stage of the buying cycle.

Learn more, as opposed to buy now. If I learn more about your product, and decide that I want to buy it - regardless of price, or any other factors - I'm going to convert. Why should I buy now? Personally, a free handgrip alone isn't going to seal the deal. I need to know more about this company, this product, and why I should pay $110 for a custom (25-24 ish) English long bow, over the $59.99 (25-24 ish) compund bow at the local sporting goods store. You know why, tell our audience on your site. There's only so much you can do with an ad, the website is really where you "earn" the sale.

All English longbows are handmade and ship within 4-7 weeks.

Describe the process, produce your own video, have a detailed process page where I can see all the attention to detail and skilled craftsmanship - For both bows and arrows. Building the audience is crucial at this stage. If the majority of your traffic is coming from PPC sources, the returning direct user audience still has to be built. If you use your PPC budget to build the audience, the return on ad spend can be profitable in the long run, even if the short term last click attribution doesn't seem to be profitable.

The bottom line is that at this point, the majority of your traffic is coming from PPC sources. If you stop advertising, you stop getting traffic. What budget would you be comfortable with, to continue to grow your audience, even if you didn't get any direct PPC sales at this point? Keep working on the site - Add more content, showcase your products, (follow all the great advice from those who know far more about website optimization than I do!), etc. You have to keep the traffic coming in, and yes, you have to sell product to stay in business. Maybe invest some of your ad buy into building the site in the short term, and then once you know the site is generating (limited) sales, then focus on the advertising side of getting more (sales) converting traffic.

Tom