AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

23 clicks for the last 14 days, only 4 inquiries. What's wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 23 clicks for the last 14 days but only 3 people called to ask for more information. Is it possible that somebody is "playing" with my ad.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: 23 clicks for the last 14 days, only 4 inquiries. What's wrong?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi racsove01 and welcome to the forum.

Although it may not seem so to you, 3 "conversions" out of 23 clicks is actually a pretty good percentage.  Although there are no hard and fast rules - each site, each business is different - most research tends to agree that average conversion rates are in the 2  - 3% range.  If we count each enquiry for you as a conversion, then your rate is 13% - you're doing very well!

I'm sure you appreciate that you can't expect every "clicker" to turn into a customer - or even to just ask for more information.  Think yourself of how many times you've gone into a high street store and just looked around - often with no intention of buying at all.  CPC advertising is just like this - you will always have a percentage of visitors who are just "browsing".  How likely this is - and what the percentage of such browsers will be, will greatly depend upon the nature of your business.

As Samikos has already suggested, you should look at your keywords, ad copy, landing page(s) and the process for requesting more information.  Problems in these areas are far, far more likely than someone "playing" with your ads.

Mostly, as I've already said, 13% is actually a pretty good figure so you could also argue that there's actually nothing wrong here at all.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi racsove01! You need to remember that a click is not the same thing as a conversion (which is an inquiry in your case). That means that even if people click your ad and go to your landing page, they might still decide not to send an inquiry. Maybe the ad landing page is not relevant to their interests or they have decided to not take any action yet and they are just comparing different options.

To get more inquiries you might want to check your ad copy, landing page (the url-address where the ad directs the clicker) and your keywords. It is however quite hard to make any drastic measures if your ad has had only 23 clicks in two weeks, but optimising your keywords, ad copies, landing pages, keyword bids and campaign budgets you might get you more clicks. 

I wouldn't be worried about any invalid clicks on your ads, but here is some information on how google is eliminating invalid clicks on your ads:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6114

And here is some information about optimisation:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=21380

Hope this helps!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi racsove01 and welcome to the forum.

Although it may not seem so to you, 3 "conversions" out of 23 clicks is actually a pretty good percentage.  Although there are no hard and fast rules - each site, each business is different - most research tends to agree that average conversion rates are in the 2  - 3% range.  If we count each enquiry for you as a conversion, then your rate is 13% - you're doing very well!

I'm sure you appreciate that you can't expect every "clicker" to turn into a customer - or even to just ask for more information.  Think yourself of how many times you've gone into a high street store and just looked around - often with no intention of buying at all.  CPC advertising is just like this - you will always have a percentage of visitors who are just "browsing".  How likely this is - and what the percentage of such browsers will be, will greatly depend upon the nature of your business.

As Samikos has already suggested, you should look at your keywords, ad copy, landing page(s) and the process for requesting more information.  Problems in these areas are far, far more likely than someone "playing" with your ads.

Mostly, as I've already said, 13% is actually a pretty good figure so you could also argue that there's actually nothing wrong here at all.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits