2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

205 clicks, not 1 email / call

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone offer me any advice as I'm comletely new to adwords and advertising in general. I'm a songwriter / producer based in London. I've only had my adwords up for about a week so I could be being impatient, but it seems to be getting a lot of clicks, like just over 200. But I haven't had 1 email or call! Is that normal or is there an issue with my website?? Any advice would be greatly appreicated. www.essexboymusic.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 205 clicks, not 1 email / call

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

First factor to look at in terms of your AdWords account would be which all networks drove clicks to your ad and website i.e. Google search network and Google Display Network. You can look at the campaign settings and see which campaign type you have and further details.

You also need to review the Search Terms and find out whether the users who clicked your ad were actually looking for what you are really advertising or not.

What all geographical regions did you set in your account?

I just did a quick glance at your website and wasn't able to figure out any call to action like phone number, email address. Then I saw them in the bottom of your website. This could be one of the reason that it is hidden in the footer section and the users were not able to find them to reach you. (My thoughts only.)

Also, you can create call extensions and Google forwarding number (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052) to track how many users tried calling you by looking at the ad on Google.

I would suggest you look at these elements in your account and then update us here so that Community can provide further insights.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your comments; they're much appreciated.

I went ahead and moved the location of my contact details out of the footer.

Regarding the other things you mention:

I have set my regions to the UK and a couple of other countries in Europe. I did originally have all territories, but was told this could be spreading myself too thin.

I reviewed the search terms and found that only 5 out of the 31 listed were actually relevant to what I'm offering. I'm presuming thats pretty terrible! Is this down to the keywords I've used?

Regarding your first point, I checked campaign settings and this is what is listed: Search Network with Display Select - All features

J
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan E
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

If you think that only 5 terms were relevant, then you should read about negative keywords (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453972?hl=en)and try to implement them in your campaigns. 

You should also check your keyword match type (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en) and try not to use much of Broad, Broad modifiers. It's better to go for Phrase matches and Exact matches initially for most restricted traffic, which makes sense to your business.

Search Network with Display means that you might have to review the placements where your ad have been shown apart from Google Search network.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Pankaj, all good advice, Appreicate it

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jonatan,

In addition to the keyword analysis you must do immediately (cause it looks like you are not targeted at all) I think it will be wise to prepare another landing page for your campaign.

also check the traffic flow from the ads to the website, does your landing page deliver what it promises on the ads ?
You need to remember that the landing page in PPC has only few seconds to persuade the user to interact, does your landing page contain all the information to help and convince the user to do that or he must browse around?
another important object that missing is a general lead form with call to action button.