Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

100% Bounce Rate in Display Network

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running several campaigns on the display network.  Many of the placements are getting good clicks and engagement but a large number (with a statistically significant number of clicks) show 100% bounce and 00:00 time on site. Any ideas on how to improve this or what the issue might be.  Every placement  is targeting the same landing page.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 100% Bounce Rate in Display Network

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi David,

The first point would be to make sure that those are good placements for your campaign. If you have a good amount of clicks with considerable CTR%, it's usually fine.

But from what you've said, I think that maybe the problem might be the link between "Ad Content" vs "Landing Page Message". Maybe your landing page is scaring people or not delivering what they are looking for. Have you consider an A/B test with different landing page variations?

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: 100% Bounce Rate in Display Network

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @David U;

Two issues to check; 

• Whether the ad is shown in placements relevant to your business.... (The system is not perfect, and not all placements are closely themed to  your business. Targeting  on display is broader than one search;
  • As @leandrofm mentioned whether your landing page relevant to the ad-copy of the banner / ad 
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’