AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

1 ad group isn't reaching anyone. Your ads aren't showing because your targeting is too selective.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help with this issue. i dunno where and what is wrong with my targeting methods. 1 placement (facebook) and some interests and remarketing and demographic. (with some exclusions). thank you.

1 ad group isn't reaching anyone. Your ads aren't showing because your targeting is too selective.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Elsa E

You can't advertise Google display ads over facebook

Since you have added multiple targeting in one adgroup, it is very important what your bidding type is. 

Is it 'Target & bid' or 'Bid Only'?

When you add multiple targeting methods to the same ad group and set these to “Target and bid,” you’re telling AdWords to restrict or narrow the reach of your ads. When you add additional targeting methods and set them to “Bid only,” you’re telling AdWords not to restrict where your ads show but to increase or decrease its chances of showing depending on the bid you choose

To the side you may notice that each time you add a targeting method to your ad group and set it to “Target and bid,” the number of available impressions shrinks. This is typical when you add multiple targeting methods set to “Target and bid” in a single ad group.

I would suggest to make individual adgroup for each targeting to open up and see te performance

Read more about Display network targeting here

Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This usually indicates that you have narrowed your targeting too much, so there's not enough eyeballs to show for, Facebook as far as i can tell is not a member of the Google display network as they have their own ad platform, do i miss anything? can you elaborate?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brower J,

thank you for your reply.

I removed Facebook from my placements. and now i only have in 7 interests and remarketing targets(bid only) and demographic. i still have the same issue , but it may take several hours to reset. i will wait until tomorrow.

regards, 

Elsa E

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taranjeet S,

Thank you for your reply.

I deleted facebook as a placement. i only kept the 7 interests and remarketing i have (in bid only) with a demographic target too. do i still have to add another ad group and separate the 2 targeting methods? i still have the same issue message.

Regards,

Elsa E

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Elsa E

Ideally this work, when did you make this changes ? Would suggest to wait for few hours so that campaign picks up.

If it didn't work try creating different adgroup for remarketing only, it will definitely work then.

Let me know if you still face any issue

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taranjeen S,

i am going to wait exactly. if not i will create as you said different ad groups and will let you know.

Thank you again!

Elsa E