Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

1 account vs N accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have several sites in different languages on separate domains, each one targeting different countries on adwords.

When I set up the campaigns for these sites (very long ago), I created 1 adwords account per domain.

Now I'm wondering: would I get better results (higher qs \ lower cpc thanks to much more historical data) by choosing just one main account, and copy-paste with adwords editor all the campaigns from the other accounts into the main one?

Will it be worth the loss of all the historical data I currently have for these accounts?

Looking for your opinions!

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 1 account vs N accounts

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Simone,

Thanks for posting to the Community! My short answer would be no, not necessarily.

As you said, any historical data you have in your current, separate accounts would be lost if you copy and paste those campaigns across accounts. When you say that copying and pasting would give the system more historical data to look at, I'm not sure if that is true, if all of those accounts have been running for about the same time. The historical data used in determining quality score estimates is only historical data based on that particular keyword; historical data from a keyword in another language or ad group will not help improve the QS of the new, copied keyword.

The other thing to keep in mind is that quality score is calculated every time a keyword enters an auction. So although at first a brand new keyword may have a significantly higher or lower quality score since it has entered very few auctions, all things the same (ads, match type, bids), that keyword's quality score will likely average out to about where it was in the other account.

This is a bit of a complex scenario, so I hope that makes sense! Let me know if I can clarify anything. I know others have different opinions and there really is no right answer here!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Cassie for your insight.
I see your point, and I realized that maybe I didn't ask my question in the possible way.

I know that the QS for the single keyword, which is the most important factor, is affected only by that keword's data... but I've also heard that adwords uses a some kind of "adgroup qs" which is influential, for example, when you add a new keyword without historical data.
Also, I've heard that there is an "account-level qs", which kind of pushes a little bit all the keywords. Is that really a thing?

EDIT: according to them, the answer is definitely not: http://searchengineland.com/account-level-quality-score-doesnt-exist-can-really-hurt-adwords-program...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simone F
December 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Simone,

I think you've answered your own question, but just to confirm--a new keyword without any historical data will start in the system at a 6/10 on Quality Score, This is a fairly recent change (within the last few months), but what this means is that new keywords will all start out at the same quality score no matter what is currently in the account, and those values will be recalculated as the keywords enter auctions.

Cassie