AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

+1, Google+ and AdWords - A Google Employee to here to help you integrate all these for your business success.

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hello folks,

Welcome back to our series on Ad Extensions! I’m back in the forum this week to talk with you a little about Social Extensions. Previously we’ve spoken about  Location Extensions and Sitelink Extensions, but a great new way of engaging your customers can now be done through Social Extensions.

Social Extensions are a way that your happy customers can show everyone else how much they like your services. They do this by clicking the +1 button next to your ad or the +1 link on your Google + page. By default, AdWords ads on the Google Search Network or Google Display Network all have a +1 button. This means that a web user +1'ing your ad endorses your specific landing page, and vice versa.

All this activity creates a bigger social web presence for both your ads and your Google+ Page, making it more likely that someone who sees your ads will also see that one of their friends has used your services and liked it so much they clicked your +1 button. Since these annotations make your ads more relevant, we find that they also increase your overall ad performance. For example, H&M gave Social Extensions a try and found their Search ads improve their CTR by 22%.

Have you tried Social Extensions in your campaigns? How did you get on with them?  It would be great to hear any advice or tips you have for using these with your ads.

Good luck with the campaigns!

A.

(Please remember, as this is an open forum please don't post your CIDs or any other account specific information. The AdWords Support team is more then happy to assist you if you contact us directly.)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Harness the power of +1 to share your success!

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Mini, 

Creating Social Extensions in your account is a really simple process, you just need to follow these steps below: 

1. Click on the campaign you want to add the extension to.
  2. Click on the Ad Extensions tab, and select Social Extensions. 
  3. Enter the URL of your Google+ Page. (This link will help you find the URL of your Google+ Page.)
  4. Click Save and continue.

However, before you do this, make sure to link your website to your Google+ page using these instructions. Otherwise you'll be able to link a page to your campaign, but your ads won't include this feature until this step is completed.

Hope this helps!

A.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Thanks Alys for posting this. 

Looks like a lot of users on this Community haven't used social extensions a lot. 

Which is more reason why we should help them set up social extensions.

Let's go step-by-step: 

So, what is the first step? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Mini, 

Creating Social Extensions in your account is a really simple process, you just need to follow these steps below: 

1. Click on the campaign you want to add the extension to.
  2. Click on the Ad Extensions tab, and select Social Extensions. 
  3. Enter the URL of your Google+ Page. (This link will help you find the URL of your Google+ Page.)
  4. Click Save and continue.

However, before you do this, make sure to link your website to your Google+ page using these instructions. Otherwise you'll be able to link a page to your campaign, but your ads won't include this feature until this step is completed.

Hope this helps!

A.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I was wondering if it's possible to get +1s without having G+ page?

Re: +1, Google+ and AdWords - A Google Employee to here to help you integrate all these for your bus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Alys,

Thanks for sharing such a useful information. Definitely I'll do this and I know it will increase our sales.

Thanks once again

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi there Kelvinforever, 

You do need to have a G+ page for Social Extensions to work I'm afraid. They won't work if you don't link your G+ page to your AdWords account. 

Hope that helps!

A.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Oh ok, I got it. Thank you Alys.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Can we see these extensions in Ad Preview tool?

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Hi Californiafence,

Thanks for the question!

Unfortunately you can't see whether or not your ad would show with social extensions with the Ad Preview tool, this isn't something that is supported yet.

A.

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Any more questions for Alys? 

Are you able to create your G+ page? 

Are you able to link your G+ page?