AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

0 Impression Terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am going through my accounts and plan to restructure them and want to clarify whether or not terms with 0 impressions affect the overall performance of your account, specifically QS.  We use Kenshoo to manage our campaigns and any terms with 0 imps, have a QS of 4 so I would think it's impacting the overall QS for that ad group.  I don't know if it's worth it to clean-up and delete these terms on a regular basis.

Thanks,

Nikki

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: 0 Impression Terms

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

To Alys's great advice, let me add that it's always a good idea to clean up your campaign on a regular basis. For instance, regularly mining your search queries for new keywords or negative keywords to continue improving your campaign focus can produce a slow but steady improvement in both performance and results.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Nikki

Thanks for your question, that's actually a really interesting point. 

If you have keywords with 0 clicks and 0 impressions I'd recommend that you think about pausing or deleting them. This is becuase there is a holistic element to quality score that looks at how your keywords and ads are performing as a whole, so if you have some keywords that are doing nothing for your campaign you might want to consider getting rid of them.

Does anyone on the Community have any thoughts on this? 

A. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

To Alys's great advice, let me add that it's always a good idea to clean up your campaign on a regular basis. For instance, regularly mining your search queries for new keywords or negative keywords to continue improving your campaign focus can produce a slow but steady improvement in both performance and results.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Theresa, result of 0 for keyword's impression & keyword's click might simply due to the new/revise applied to the campaign/adgroup/ad just launched only for a few days/weeks? which mean, not much audience reach the search term caused report 0 impression and 0 click..?

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This early 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of any follow-on questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

Thank you.