AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

regarding being a google partner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just had a company called THEOMCGROUP.com just contact me claiming first to be part of Google, then she said they were Google Partners, then Google certified. She said that they could give me a 5 minute demo where they could move us to the 1st position in SERP results pages for maps. 

I would like to know if anyone else is running into this scam or others like it. I told her we don't mess with any BLACK HAT SEO tactics and they cannot manipulate the algorithm as she stated to move our rank for 5 minutes. 

Can we report these people to Google and if so, where? I cannot stand when someone calls and lies to me about things they are not capable of when it comes to Google. Like it only takes 5 minutes for us to rearrange Google to meet our needs.

1 Expert replyverified_user

regarding being a google partner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Rachel C

I agree these can be frustrating and time wasting. The best bet is use the main help form, look at the Google Top Placement/SEO Scam section for way to report. 

Hope this helps! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner