AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

google Partner real reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to know is a Google partner is good? Where can I see reviews, Real reviews from their customers?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Claudia A
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Claudia, 

Google Partners are businesses that have earned an elevated recognition from Google for their skills and/or abilities with AdWords. They are professionals that understand digital advertising and are actively using AdWords for clients. 

With that said, you would want to investigate each one based on merits you find important just as you would for a eatery, home improvement company, car repair shop, etc.. Simply enter their website into Google search and see what comes back. Then enter their business name in Google search and see what comes back. Then do the same with G+, Facebook, etc... and locate any reviews or feedback that is out there. Next, set up a time to talk with 2, 3, 4 or more and see what they each say. Find the one that understands your needs the best. 

In the end, each Google Partner has strengths and weaknesses and it is up to you to find the best one for your needs. Google does not endorse ANY Google Partners but merely presents them to the world equally and evenly. Each one shines as they do as an independent company operated by people of all walks of life. There is absolutely one out there for you.... this I know. 

Best wishes,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Claudia A
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Claudia, 

Google Partners are businesses that have earned an elevated recognition from Google for their skills and/or abilities with AdWords. They are professionals that understand digital advertising and are actively using AdWords for clients. 

With that said, you would want to investigate each one based on merits you find important just as you would for a eatery, home improvement company, car repair shop, etc.. Simply enter their website into Google search and see what comes back. Then enter their business name in Google search and see what comes back. Then do the same with G+, Facebook, etc... and locate any reviews or feedback that is out there. Next, set up a time to talk with 2, 3, 4 or more and see what they each say. Find the one that understands your needs the best. 

In the end, each Google Partner has strengths and weaknesses and it is up to you to find the best one for your needs. Google does not endorse ANY Google Partners but merely presents them to the world equally and evenly. Each one shines as they do as an independent company operated by people of all walks of life. There is absolutely one out there for you.... this I know. 

Best wishes,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James, I already check that. Was hoping to find something else. Thank you for the answer! 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Claudia,

You are very welcome. 

We are pleased that you stopped by the Google Partners community and are researching someone to assist you. As you travel through the journey, questions will come up and some answers will follow. Follow your instincts and apply commonsense and you will do great.

If I was to expand on that, remember that some Google Partners are advertising agencies and others are AdWords' shops. Some are small and you will deal with one or two people... and others are large and you may not speak to the same person more then twice. Some have a sales team that brings you in and hands you off to several other divisions and others give you a dedicated person that you will speak with (and no one else), but they will not do any work on your campaigns... and others will assign you someone to interact with that is the actual person doing the work. All of this shapes many factors of your working relationship and possible performance, too.

Things you can do to help yourself...

1) Learn a little about AdWords Best Practices. Use the terms when talking/interviewing. Let them understand you understand AdWords.   

2) Outline your goals and purposes for advertising. It all starts here. 

3) Focus on expected CTR (click through ratio). 

4) Focus on conversions. (the action aligned with your goals and purposes. 

5) Know that industry averages for fees is 20% of AdWords spend. You spending $1,000 with AdWords means you pay an agency $200 for management. Averages means just that... so some will be more or less. 

6) Keep in mind that being a badged Google Partner brings specific traits to us (I am one), like keeping certifications and managing a certain level of spend for clients. It does not verify business ethics. It does not promise you anything from Google in regards to who they are, where they are located, their actions for you or anything like that. 

7) The one thing you do get with a badged Google Partner is a way to report them for treating you in a way you feel was wrong. We are suppose to be the best in our class, and most all of us are... so if you do not encounter that, you should report it. Google provides this interactive form to report a Google Partner, or ANY third party that operates AdWords for someone. Some third party operators are not badged Google Partners. Actually, some are not even Google Partners in any shape or form... or even certified in Google AdWords. By searching for a Badged Google Partner, you can see their profile and see how many people are certified and what areas they focus on and specialize in, too.   

8) Advertising should be about a positive return on investment. It should make you money.

9) Branding may not be about a positive return on investment. It should bring positive attention to your brand.

10) You can always use the Google AdWords or Google Partners communities here to ask questions about anything an agency tells you. What you are told should makes sense and be easily verifiable here.

11) It typically takes 30 days of spend in AdWords to determine performance and where to optimize. It typically takes another 2-3 months to dial in an account. And it typically takes a total of 4-6 months to be at a really strong & great place with advertising campaigns. Working with an agency highly-specialized in the industry and type of advertising you are in often cuts time and money from the equation. The higher the skill level, the more freedom they will want.

12) If your agency does not connect your AdWords account to Google Analytics (and Google Webmasters)... fire them! 

Well, these are some things to hopefully help guide you further. We do want you to have a dynamic experience building your company or brand. AdWords is the most powerful advertising platform on the planet. I say this with 25+ years experience in the advertising world. I do hope it helps you in some way.

All the Best,

James