changing URL name
Hi @Amanda A,
It should all be done first with the website server and then with Google Search Console.
1. Rename Webpages and Rework Menu/site structure.
2. Go to hosting server (C-Panel, etc.) and set up 301 redirects for the old addresses to the new. This can often be done via the WordPress admin panel instead of the server.
3. Audit the website to verify URLs are now correct.
4. Go to Google Search Console and submit a new XML sitemap.
5. Review all of the Google Search Panel for other improvements to make.
6. Audit all AdWords ads, digital ads, social media links, etc.. to remove old URLs and install new. The 301 redirects will capture and preserve anything you miss, but I still prefer to do so manually, too.
At this point, you can rest and relax. Check Google Search Console every 24 hours for one week and adjust, as needed... and add/edit 301 redirects until there are no more errors. After a full week, you can check it weekly.
Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile