Partners
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

When should we "cut loose" clients from MCC?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

When should we "cut loose" a client from the MCC?

There are dozens of reason a client might still be in the MCC but partner recommendations are not being implemented.  Even getting conversion tracking properly implemented can be slow.

So, which hits the Company Score harder?

a) Loss of a client with a healthy spend (that is putting off work on adwords)

b) A client with suboptimal account performance in my MCC.

c) A client that has not implemented conversion tracking functionality in my MCC.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When should we "cut loose" clients from MCC?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @scottclark,

The biggest hit to you would be A, since cutting a large spend amount will lower your monthly/quarterly spend management. Your 90 day average cannot drop below 10,001.00 to maintain Google Partners badge.

If you have B or C, those are not going to affect you near as much... but something you should fix, if at all possible. Google understands some actions do not apply to some accounts and that some actions are not in the control of the advertising agency when another company handles webmaster services. So, work in these the best you can but only cut a client you simply cannot work with any longer. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
We don't remove old clients from our MCC. We keep them all from ALL of the years. I think since there are so many of them (over 500 at this point), it all washes.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Shanee for your response!

I always hope they'll give me a chance to show them what's wrong with their accounts and but I don't do that FOR FREE. And I don't want to do that just to preserve my partner ranking either!!!! I've been leaving those clients in my MCC on that hope, but have started cutting them free. SOME have stopped Adwords altogether (0 spend, 0 impressions) while others are just scraping along.

WE NEED A WAY to mark a MCC client as "dormant" so that they don't count against performance score. When we begin work, the dormancy can be taken off. Believe it or not, getting some companies into the MCC takes weeks, even though it's a dead simple process.

I wish someone from Google would give me a solid explanation with rules of thumb about how to manage this!

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

I do wonder about B and C as well.

If they have ceased advertising, then there's nothing to add to the spend. If they continue advertising even if we are not managing the account, then the spend still counts.

Where I would like some clarification as well is regarding the "performance" side of the certification, and specialization rankings. Would the performance actually increase if you dropped all those dormant accounts?

Tom

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

I'm kinda like @Shanee_Kirk

Just keep all of them in my MCC.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I think the rule of thumb is to leave them.  That's why they created the "hide" feature in your MCC.  This way you can "hide" the ones that aren't active and they don't clutter your view.