AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

When do promotions become available?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been certified for a couple weeks and still no promotions are enabled for my account.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Do you mean the coupons?  They show up once you create or link to a new account that has the billing information complete.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply @Shanee_Kirk. Does that happen instantly? I remember there used to be generic codes that we could generate as needed, are they gone now?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes!  As soon as the credit card information is entered the account will appear in a list for you to add the promo code.

There used to be a way to manually email the code to yourself (or a client), but I don't see that option anymore.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think we get client promotions until we achieve full partner status.  I haven't seen any on my account.  Clients should get a promotion when they set up their AdWords and add billing as already mentioned.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Curtis K yeah I think you're right. I thought this myself too.