AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Using Call Rail in Google My Business Location Record

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm about to complete bulk verification for a client and they would like to list CallRail phone numbers for each location.  I'd like to head off any issues that might come up with the bulk verification--is there any reason this would not be allowed?   The client specifically wants to track traffic coming from the map pins & the CallRail numbers will always route users directly to the actual numbers.  

Here are the phone number guidelines: 

Provide a phone number that connects to your individual business location as directly as possible, and provide one website that represents your individual business location.

• Use a local phone number instead of central, call center helpline number whenever possible.
  • Do not provide phone numbers or URLs that redirect or "refer" users to landing pages or phone numbers other than those of the actual business, including pages created on social media sites.
  • The phone number must be under the direct control of the business.

As far as I can tell using CallRail tracking doesn't violate any of these guidelines, but I might not be interpreting them the same way Google would.  Just wondering if anyone can see any gaps in my reasoning. 

Using Call Rail in Google My Business Location Record

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You shouldn't have a problem bulk verifying with call tracking numbers, as long as you are using the same main line tracking number on the websites or pages for the location's you're submitting for. If the location websites/pages are using some form of Dynamic Number Insertion, you may have to review the settings and temporarily adjust so that Google My Business's programmatic check is able to see the same number as what you're submitting for the listings. Make sense?  (I work for CallRail, btw!)