Partners
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Trusted Verified Merry Go Round

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hey All

I seem to be on a Partners merry go round with this one.

When the Trusted Verifier was launched, I spoke to my CM at GMB who informed me that in the states it was managed via GYOB and for the UK by Google Partners.

As I am a UK based GMB TC, it makes complete sense ( to me at least )  to be involved and help with businesses page verification, after all we do it day in day out for businesses via GMB.

So here is the problem.

Every time I contact Google Partners, I keep getting emails back saying I should get in touch with GMB, as it's a GMB product.

But GMB insists that this is a Google Partners UK product.

Could UK Google Partners provide some clarification ( I posted on the UK Partner community with no luck ).

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trusted Verified Merry Go Round

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Tim,

Nice to see you again bud! Hope you are doing well. I too am a instant verifier, Sounds like you are in a verifier-round-about

I will reach out to the community manager on your behalf and see what I can find out for you!

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey @Spencer_Wade

Much appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks Mate

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

OK, @Tim Capper, I spoke to the local GYBO Team for the US.

I think the biggest issue I am seeing from a UK standpoint is the app is only available in the US. They weren't too sure on who you would speak to as far as accessing the app in your country. I indicated that you have reached out to your CM and there seems to be some confusion on how to get things to work for TC, for the GMB platform in other countries. 

Quote: "If it is in fact being offered though, he wouldn't be able to go through GYBO just for the fact that anyone outside of the US gets denied for our program. I'm not aware of any other programs offered the app at this time unfortunately."

What I would do is keep checking the app store, when logged into your TC profile, if and when this is available the first notice would be the app is available in that perspective country. And you will get a notice to your email about the program. 

(As long as you are logged into the approved TV app email address in the Google Play store, you should be able to search for the app "Trusted Verifier.")

I know this is all the things you were already aware of with your due-diligence but still wanted you to know I contacted the main GYBO/Google team about your question.

I will also keep my ears to the ground so If I see anything about this opportunity, I will send you a message! 

Sorry for repeating what you already knew but wanted to try and help a fellow TC! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks @Spencer_Wade

Appreciate your time.  

Perhaps G should amend their help sheets to state only US in the Trusted Verifier page.

Will keep an eye out for the app.