AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Transfer certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I recently transferred jobs and want to transfer my certificates to my new agency. I think that it could be done by signing into my old work email, but I no longer have access to this. Do I need to get in touch with my old boss in order to solve this? I'm a bit confused about how to actually do it, and would very much like to have my certificates transferred!

Also: can I do the same with my old profile to both partners and this community? I've used it quite a bit..

Thanks,

Rosa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Transfer certification

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Rosa,

You have to log into your Google Partners account, ( which is going to be associated with an email and password you set up that is associated with a Google Account).

https://www.google.com/partners/

Next under My Profile, to the right hand side, you will see a spot that says Affiliate - and the name of the company that you are granting your Certification and being included in the company employees.  

You  will see a green link to unaffiliate.

Click that, then search for your new company to start that affiliation process.  The new company with than have to approve / confirm you affiliation and you are good to go.

In the future, you may want to consider creating or using a personal Gmail account as your official Google Partners Certification login.  Because the certs are personal and can be transferred between agencies/companies.

(Edited for additional info)

Now after you transfer this, you may also be able to contact Google Support to transfer your Google Partner Certificates ( from the old work email to a new a new personal gmail that you have signed in and created a new Google Partners Account) - You used to be able to do this.. so not sure if still available.

(remember - everything with Google is tied to or associated with an email login - so creating a new Google Partners account tied to a personal email would be in your best interest moving forward)

If you have the logins to your work email associated as a Google Login Access you are Good to go.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Transfer certification

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Rosa,

You have to log into your Google Partners account, ( which is going to be associated with an email and password you set up that is associated with a Google Account).

https://www.google.com/partners/

Next under My Profile, to the right hand side, you will see a spot that says Affiliate - and the name of the company that you are granting your Certification and being included in the company employees.  

You  will see a green link to unaffiliate.

Click that, then search for your new company to start that affiliation process.  The new company with than have to approve / confirm you affiliation and you are good to go.

In the future, you may want to consider creating or using a personal Gmail account as your official Google Partners Certification login.  Because the certs are personal and can be transferred between agencies/companies.

(Edited for additional info)

Now after you transfer this, you may also be able to contact Google Support to transfer your Google Partner Certificates ( from the old work email to a new a new personal gmail that you have signed in and created a new Google Partners Account) - You used to be able to do this.. so not sure if still available.

(remember - everything with Google is tied to or associated with an email login - so creating a new Google Partners account tied to a personal email would be in your best interest moving forward)

If you have the logins to your work email associated as a Google Login Access you are Good to go.

Transfer certification

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

please go to the forum to read post reply- I made an update in the original post, not sure if that is seen if you are only interfacing with email replies.