AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Support for Premier Partner Agencies?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This year we got our Premier Partner Badge, prior to this with our regular Partner Badge we had a pretty good support and working relationship with a couple of dedicated Google Agency reps. 

Since getting the Premier Partner Badge we don't have any support or communication from the Google team. IS this normal?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Christian T

Congrats on the premier status, as far as reps you should have someone in place. Do you have the email address of the last rep? Have you tried emailing them to see if they will pass you to the next support rep? What have they said when you call in? 

Maybe @PPCBossman will see this and chime in, but I would think you should have a rep in place.  

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

congratulations on becoming a premier partner

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Christian,

Unfortunately, I can't speak to the processes Google is using to determine where reps should be assigned.  That said, at the Premier level, I would think you would have someone in place to assist your team.  I don't know off hand the best folks to contact - are you still in touch with any of your previous reps at all?  Maybe they can help track down who is assigned to you (assuming someone is).  A call to support may or may not help, again, I don't know for sure if/how things are marked on the back end - if it's easy to look and see if a rep is assigned.  

We've been quite fortunate over the years with our reps.  I hope you can find a way to get things settled.

Wish I could help more.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Hi  Christian,

I'm glad to hear we are not the only one! We have been a Premier agency since November and we have very little communication with the Google Partner team. A rep was assigned to us in January but left Google shortly after. We are waiting for his replacement. I don't see any incentives for this year, it's as if the whole program is "frozen". For now, I don't see any benefits of being Premier agency. The program was so far better when they first launched it a few years ago. I hope they are working on it.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

We are in an identical situation -zero benefit at this point.  In fact, several non-Premier partners with relatively small revenues have been whitelisted for several beta programs we can't get into.  You would think as Premier partners we would get a chance at participating in these.  We don't have "a rep" at this point after ours moved on in December, so we seem to be at the back of the line.

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

There seems to be alot of this kind of issue with assigned reps. Google has the resources to do these programs better, and I think it makes sense for them to do so...

Slightly off the topic, but related to Phillip's point about betas: In the past, when our rep disappeared I was able to get into some of the betas by just using the online chat support in the AdWords interface. You have to have a non-disclosure in place, but it did work. The tricky part is finding out about betas. You won't know what betas are available if there is nobody to share the beta decks with you...