AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Promotional Code

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started an Adwords campaign for the first time and was under impression that I should autometically be offered a 75 Euro coupon after I spent 25 euros. However I already spent 35 and still don't have any info on this. How are you supposed to know if you are supposed to receive this coupon - email/pop up etc? If I got to the section "Promotion codes" in the Billing part, it just asks me to introduce my promo code which obviously I don;t have :-(

Thanks so much for your help!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Promotional Code

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Natalia K,

When you log into your partner's account, and click promotions, you should see the option to generate a code, once you have done that go into the AdWords Account if still under 30 days and add the code. Click the Generate promotional offer and when you get the code go into billing and add it to the account in question. Look at Use your promotional codes (coupons)

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Promotional Code

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

As Spencer Mentions you can use the "Generate Promotional Offer" and then apply the code yourself from the Google Partners Platform under "Promotions Tab"

You will see terms an condition of the Coupon such as:

Terms and conditions for this offer:
    1. Offer available to customers with a billing address in the United States only. One promotional code per advertiser.
To activate this offer:
    in your account before XXXXXX.
To earn the credit:
    After entering the code, your advertising campaigns must accrue costs of at least $25, excluding any taxes, within 30 days. Making a payment of $25 is not sufficient. The tracking of advertising costs towards $25 begins after you've entered the code.
    4. Once 2 and 3 are completed, the credit will typically be applied within 5 days to the Billing Summary of your account.
    5. Credits apply to future advertising costs only. Credits cannot be applied to costs accrued before the code was entered.
    6. You won’t receive a notification once your credit is used up and any additional advertising costs will be charged to your form of payment. If you don’t want to continue advertising, you can pause or delete your campaigns at any time.
    7. Your account must be successfully billed by AdWords and remain in good standing in order to qualify for the promotional credit.
      8. Full terms and conditions can be found here
http://www.google.com/adwords/coupons/terms.html

OR

Log into your Google Partners account ( that is associated with your MCC), under the Promotions Tab it will show you accounts that are eligible for the "Coupon", you apply the coupon DIRECTLY inside your Google Partners Account and it will show up in the adwords account applied.  You can confirm this in the actual adwords account in 24-48 hours under the Billings section.

Note However, the as Spencer mentions their is a 14 day window to apply the coupon from inception of the account before the offer expires,  So if you built the account on say the 1st, but didn't apply the coupon until day 15, the coupon ability expires and you will not have an eligible coupon to use.

account promotions.PNG

Promotional Code

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Eric Gehler for clarifying the ability to add within the account.... @Natalia K we hope you were able to get this sorted! 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Promotional Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for the reply! Today I actually got a reply from Google
that not all newly opened accounts are eligible for this 75 euro coupons,
they are given sometimes and in this case I was supposed to receive email
with the coupon code when I opened the account. So I guess tough luck in
this case...

Promotional Code

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ah snap, thanks for rounding back with the update... @Natalia K