Partners
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Problem registering business address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm trying to set up my Partner account but its not excepting my business address. I've tried talking to someone on the Adwords help line but didn't get anywhere. When I put my address, or any variation of it, into the 'Locations' section I get the following error 

'Address cannot be found by Google Maps. Please review and correct the address'

The business is registered with Google My Business, and the address is correct, and it does show up when I search for it. Help!

Thank you 

4 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Does it have a suite number?  I've seen that happen before.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, just a regular street address. I went through lots of address line combinations with the person from Adwords but still couldn't find it. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

Did you use the drop down menu and select the correct country/region? Have you carefully verified the information for typos? 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James, thank you (and thank you to Shanee too)

Yes, tried every combination you can imagine to try and prompt the auto complete but nothing. The spelling, region, etc, is all correct. If you start typing in the address you do get some suggestions for addresses in other parts of the UK, but none that come close to matching my address.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

Have you tried saving your address despite the error warning? I had the same issue but I hit save again and it accepted it. I think you should be good if give that a try but let me know if you are still having issues.

Have a great day!

Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

You are very welcome. Sorry to hear nothing is working to resolve. 

Have you tried a different computer; web browser; device; network/IP address? Have you tried logging out of your account and clearing your web browser and logging back in and trying again? 

Please try all of the above and then give AdWords support a call and ask them to take a look at your GP account. There could be some type of technical glitch at play.

Let us know what happens.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike, thanks for helping. 

I just tried again to be sure but I just get the 'Address cannot be found by Google Maps. Please review and correct the address.' error when I click on the save button. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James, I just tried signing out and in again, and tried in a different browser but still getting the same error. I'll try on my iPad in a bit. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Looks like the team has stepped up here. Looking deeper into the details I see a Post Office, does this sound right @Richard W? Are you using a PO Box? Or is it just an old PO building? 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner