AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Partners Badge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I ensure that once I attain my partners badge it follows me if I ever decide to leave the company I am currently with?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan M
June 2017

Re: Partners Badge

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dan,

If you are with a company now, are you a certified AdWords individual that is synced to their company profile with Google Partners or are you seeking to start a business or professional affiliation for yourself? 

I ask this since being a badged Google Partner is something that is usually obtained by a company whereas individuals usually market themselves as being AdWords certified, once they pass the AdWords Fundamentals exam and at least one other AdWords exam. A person can claim to be AdWords certified as long as their certification is active (which is 12 months at a time). They do not have to have the same performance and spend management that a badged Google Partner company does. (Note: many people only take the Fundamental exam and attempt to claim being certified, when they are not.) 

The norm is to be a badged Google Partner company/agency... and/or a AdWords certified individual. Of course, there are self employed individuals that do not have an actual company, but do become a badged Google Partner, so it's not impossible to do so. They usually are white label workers or being marketing themselves in a professional capacity, but not usually typical employees of a company. 

Keep in mind that there are requirements like spend level, performance and having a company profile with Google Partners that must be met to be eligible to apply for the badged Google Partner status. And the company must have a website.

Because of this, it would be very rare for an employee of a company to hold the badge... but more common for a company they work for to qualify and obtain badged Google Partner status through employing an employee that is a AdWords certified individual. As long as the company met all of the other the requirements, and had an employee that was certified, they would be a badged Google Partner. If spend management or performance dropped, they would lose the badge even with an employee being certified and working for them.   

Also, their has to be an AdWords Manager Account (old name My Client Center/ MCC) associated with the company profile with active individual AdWords accounts in place for at least 12 months for performance to be charted. So if that MCC belonged to the company and you left, you would lose the badge, even if you met all other requirements. Yet most companies to have their own MCC and they are not going to allow the certified AdWords individual to own it, since the clients belong to the company and the company pays the employee to work on those accounts.

In the same respect, if the company hired you to complete the requirement of having a certified individual and you left, they would lose the badge even if all other requirements were met. They could hire another certified individual and remain, of course.

In essence, a company needs certified individuals and certified individuals need a company.  

Please take a look at this information to expand on all of this. Also check this info about setting up the company profile with Google Partners, which is required to manage the badge status. Also, take a look at being AdWords Certified to best understand what that means. 

Let us know if we can help with this inquiry further. We are pleased to have you with us here... and to help you grow your career the best we can. 

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan M
June 2017

Re: Partners Badge

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dan,

If you are with a company now, are you a certified AdWords individual that is synced to their company profile with Google Partners or are you seeking to start a business or professional affiliation for yourself? 

I ask this since being a badged Google Partner is something that is usually obtained by a company whereas individuals usually market themselves as being AdWords certified, once they pass the AdWords Fundamentals exam and at least one other AdWords exam. A person can claim to be AdWords certified as long as their certification is active (which is 12 months at a time). They do not have to have the same performance and spend management that a badged Google Partner company does. (Note: many people only take the Fundamental exam and attempt to claim being certified, when they are not.) 

The norm is to be a badged Google Partner company/agency... and/or a AdWords certified individual. Of course, there are self employed individuals that do not have an actual company, but do become a badged Google Partner, so it's not impossible to do so. They usually are white label workers or being marketing themselves in a professional capacity, but not usually typical employees of a company. 

Keep in mind that there are requirements like spend level, performance and having a company profile with Google Partners that must be met to be eligible to apply for the badged Google Partner status. And the company must have a website.

Because of this, it would be very rare for an employee of a company to hold the badge... but more common for a company they work for to qualify and obtain badged Google Partner status through employing an employee that is a AdWords certified individual. As long as the company met all of the other the requirements, and had an employee that was certified, they would be a badged Google Partner. If spend management or performance dropped, they would lose the badge even with an employee being certified and working for them.   

Also, their has to be an AdWords Manager Account (old name My Client Center/ MCC) associated with the company profile with active individual AdWords accounts in place for at least 12 months for performance to be charted. So if that MCC belonged to the company and you left, you would lose the badge, even if you met all other requirements. Yet most companies to have their own MCC and they are not going to allow the certified AdWords individual to own it, since the clients belong to the company and the company pays the employee to work on those accounts.

In the same respect, if the company hired you to complete the requirement of having a certified individual and you left, they would lose the badge even if all other requirements were met. They could hire another certified individual and remain, of course.

In essence, a company needs certified individuals and certified individuals need a company.  

Please take a look at this information to expand on all of this. Also check this info about setting up the company profile with Google Partners, which is required to manage the badge status. Also, take a look at being AdWords Certified to best understand what that means. 

Let us know if we can help with this inquiry further. We are pleased to have you with us here... and to help you grow your career the best we can. 

All the Best,

James

Partners Badge

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In general - You will take your certifications with you.  You will still be able to log into the partner portal with the email address that you are certified with.  If you don't already have your own partner account, create one now!

BUT - you won't have the badge.  To get the badge you will need to meet all of the criteria aside from the certifications.