Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Partner Status At Risk

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

EDIT 10/6/16

I don't know to delete this post or I would, but the official answer from our Google Rep is that this is just a technical glitch and should be resolved when they update the Partners Portal next -- I'm not sure when that might be.

5 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael J
June 2016

Re: Partner Status At Risk

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael J,

With the system being new (about 2 days old) there are lots of glitches still being ironed out. It is advised to give it a little time to sync. If you have a dedicated support rep, you could reach out to them and let them know. 

With the new system, we have a new layout which breaks down each Adword type but only for specializations.These are not required (at this time) but where an agency nails these, they will show up on your listing in the searchable Google Partners directory and via an interactive Partner badge for your website that will display specializations. 

When you are looking at your Partner Profile, click on Partner Status in the left hand menu bar. This will give you a quick snapshot of your status. If you see a green check for Performance, you are fine. You can see more details by clicking on the See your performance blue label to the right on this section.

You should see four green checks:

• Company Profile Completed
  • Certifications
  • Performance
  • Spend

Under the global requirements and program requirements sections, you will see Specializations. 

Areas to specialize in:

• Search
  • Mobile
  • Video
  • Display
  • Shopping

If you do not operate in one of these areas, it is okay. Your profile simply will show you with these performance bars (click on See your performance) to the right of this section. This entire section is optional and only tied to specializations, although if you are aiming to become a Premier Partner, you should have the throttle pegged full steam for most, if not all, of these. 

You can learn more about the new badges here. 

Google is all about performance, growth and sustained greatness. This is where we all must stay focused with our agencies for Google to stay focused on us. This new system allows this to be more transparent, which I think is one of the reasons it was enacted.

Sorry for the scare and I do hope everything is great with you. Hopefully, this info will be ease some of the concerns and provide you with answers you needed. 

- James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael J
June 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael J,

With the system being new (about 2 days old) there are lots of glitches still being ironed out. It is advised to give it a little time to sync. If you have a dedicated support rep, you could reach out to them and let them know. 

With the new system, we have a new layout which breaks down each Adword type but only for specializations.These are not required (at this time) but where an agency nails these, they will show up on your listing in the searchable Google Partners directory and via an interactive Partner badge for your website that will display specializations. 

When you are looking at your Partner Profile, click on Partner Status in the left hand menu bar. This will give you a quick snapshot of your status. If you see a green check for Performance, you are fine. You can see more details by clicking on the See your performance blue label to the right on this section.

You should see four green checks:

• Company Profile Completed
  • Certifications
  • Performance
  • Spend

Under the global requirements and program requirements sections, you will see Specializations. 

Areas to specialize in:

• Search
  • Mobile
  • Video
  • Display
  • Shopping

If you do not operate in one of these areas, it is okay. Your profile simply will show you with these performance bars (click on See your performance) to the right of this section. This entire section is optional and only tied to specializations, although if you are aiming to become a Premier Partner, you should have the throttle pegged full steam for most, if not all, of these. 

You can learn more about the new badges here. 

Google is all about performance, growth and sustained greatness. This is where we all must stay focused with our agencies for Google to stay focused on us. This new system allows this to be more transparent, which I think is one of the reasons it was enacted.

Sorry for the scare and I do hope everything is great with you. Hopefully, this info will be ease some of the concerns and provide you with answers you needed. 

- James 

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Thanks, James. We do have green checks for Profile, Certifications, Spend and Performance. Hopefully it is just a glitch, so I will wait a few days and see if anything updates.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Very welcome, sir. 

I am sure things will settle in properly. Please post back with an update as things progress, which will help others here.

Have a great day!

- James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michael J
Im on the way to achive the Google Premier Partner

Can you share me your experiences to achive this?

Thank you so much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello everyone,

I am also experiencing this. The performance bar is just empty. I hope this is resolved soon.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Duncan P, there are many experiencing the same issues with the upgrade to the system. These things do happen with major upgrades to platforms so please give it a little more time to resolve. I am not sure how much work was done to resolve over the holiday weekend, so we are just days in on the new.

I would give it till Monday and then contact Google Support. There are many watching this thread, too, which will help further once the bugs are smoothed out with the system.

Have a great week!

- James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you @James_Clemens, much appreciated!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Duncan P, you are very welcome and I look forward to hearing everyone's Partner accounts are back to normal... or back to a new normal with performance scale back to where it was. Robot Happy

- James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Michael,

I have been trying to find the answer to this very question for the past two weeks or so when I discovered the same notice in my Google Partners account.

I was told by a rep this morning after she did a lot of digging that my account is getting this notice because under the new Google Partners qualification requirements all MCCs must be at least one year old. Mine is around six months old so after striving to achieve all of the requirements of the former Google Partners qualifications and receiving my badge, Google is now deciding to take it away because my account is not old enough.

Honestly, if this is the case, I think that people who have already worked hard to earn the Partner badge should be grandfathered into the new program without having to meet the new MCC age requirement. I am very disappointed with this news and it places me in an awkward situation with my clients and further removes my ability to market my Google Partner status in order to achieve new business.

Can anyone from Google weigh in?