Partners
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Not receiving email notifications for new reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I'm attempting to set an affiliation with the company I work for but it say's i need to confirm my email first. When i click on resend email it says the email is sent but i'm not getting anything. 

Please advise. 

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ibrahim K
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ibrahim k,

The title of this thread says you are not receiving emails for new reviews, yet your post say you need help syncing your personal profile to a agency/company's badged Google Partners profile... let's discuss both of these and see if we can get your issues resolved. 

1) If you are adding yourself to a agency/company's badged Google Partners profile, the administrator of the agency/company is the one that would receive the email to confirm adding you. Have you checked with them on this? 

Also, please visit the Google Partners portal and click on MY Profile and then scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure you have all boxes checked for Notifications. And have the admin do the same for their account. 

2) Now then, when you say you are not receiving emails for new reviews, is this for your Google My Business (G+) page for your business? If it is not for your business, are you added to the account as a manager or ? 

Every time you get a new review on Google, you'll get a notification in the top right corner of Google My Business. You’ll also get notifications on your phone if you’ve installed the Google My Business app. Selecting the notification will take you to the Reviews section of Google My Business.

To enable or disable review notifications:

Mobile:

1. Open the Google My Business app.
  2. Click on the upper right hand menumenu > Settings > Name_of_your_business
  3. Touch Notifications > Reviews
  4. Check or uncheck the box to turn review notifications on or off.

Computer:

1. Sign in to Google My Business and choose your business.
  2. Choose My Business > Settings from the left-hand navigation ribbon.
  3. Scroll to "Receive notifications" and check or uncheck the box next “Reviews” to turn review notifications on or off.

Please let us know more about what your now experiencing and we can proceed from there.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ibrahim K
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ibrahim k,

The title of this thread says you are not receiving emails for new reviews, yet your post say you need help syncing your personal profile to a agency/company's badged Google Partners profile... let's discuss both of these and see if we can get your issues resolved. 

1) If you are adding yourself to a agency/company's badged Google Partners profile, the administrator of the agency/company is the one that would receive the email to confirm adding you. Have you checked with them on this? 

Also, please visit the Google Partners portal and click on MY Profile and then scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure you have all boxes checked for Notifications. And have the admin do the same for their account. 

2) Now then, when you say you are not receiving emails for new reviews, is this for your Google My Business (G+) page for your business? If it is not for your business, are you added to the account as a manager or ? 

Every time you get a new review on Google, you'll get a notification in the top right corner of Google My Business. You’ll also get notifications on your phone if you’ve installed the Google My Business app. Selecting the notification will take you to the Reviews section of Google My Business.

To enable or disable review notifications:

Mobile:

1. Open the Google My Business app.
  2. Click on the upper right hand menumenu > Settings > Name_of_your_business
  3. Touch Notifications > Reviews
  4. Check or uncheck the box to turn review notifications on or off.

Computer:

1. Sign in to Google My Business and choose your business.
  2. Choose My Business > Settings from the left-hand navigation ribbon.
  3. Scroll to "Receive notifications" and check or uncheck the box next “Reviews” to turn review notifications on or off.

Please let us know more about what your now experiencing and we can proceed from there.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there Ibrahim K,

As @James_Clemens mentions about email confirmation is correct. I would agree that it seems that email is being sent to you in the wording yet it is the agency that will get the request.

Then it will confirm your email.

Sorry for the confusion....

Cheers!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your detailed response and sorry about the confusion. 1) was the answer to my problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James_Clemens

I´ve checked my email notifications settings as per your comment above and everything seems to be ok, but I am still not getting any email notification every time I get a new review. Do you have any idea on what would be the reason? Thanks in advance,  

Thanks in advance, 

Flor

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Flor,

The most likely reason would be the emails going to a spam/junk folder. Or that your email is not listed as the owner of the GMB (Google My Business) listing for the business. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, our company will no longer be notified by email from GMB when a review has been submitted.

Even though we filled in we want to get it. It's strange because it worked until this new year.

What's wrong?

- Our email is confirmed and is the owner of our site.

Grateful for answers!