AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple My Client Center's tied to Partners account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Is it possible to have multiple (2) MCC's tied to a Partners profile if they are affiliated with different domains?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Conner H
March 2016

Re: Multiple My Client Center's tied to Partners account?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Conner,

That's a great question. I found another post here where Anne a Google employee talks about only having one MCC, read more here.

Anne's Quote: "An MCC can only be be linked to one Company Account at a time, so if you're trying to link to another Company Account with the same MCC ID number, you won't be able to. Additionally, a Company Account can only be linked by someone who's logged in under a shared administrative email address (admin on the Company Account and admin on the MCC). Are both these true in your case?"

If you prefer maybe calling into support and see if they have another option.

Contact Google Partners Support: Click Here

Hope this helps.

Best,

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Conner H
March 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Conner,

That's a great question. I found another post here where Anne a Google employee talks about only having one MCC, read more here.

Anne's Quote: "An MCC can only be be linked to one Company Account at a time, so if you're trying to link to another Company Account with the same MCC ID number, you won't be able to. Additionally, a Company Account can only be linked by someone who's logged in under a shared administrative email address (admin on the Company Account and admin on the MCC). Are both these true in your case?"

If you prefer maybe calling into support and see if they have another option.

Contact Google Partners Support: Click Here

Hope this helps.

Best,

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Are you trying to do so for the spend requirement? If so, you would need to link to the highest level MCC. Any, sub-MCCs will roll up to the highest level MCC for the ad spend requirement.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have company emails for both accounts. Thanks for the response! I called Partners support was on hold for 30 min - and then got sent to a loop of endless ringing.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey Conner,

Any luck on getting this complete?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately no - Google support wasn't much help - it kind of stinks. But I completely understand why that's the case. It would be easy to manipulate the system.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Ah snap, Sorry to hear about the outcome. I have a call I am making in the next hour, I will ask generically about this as well and see if I hear anything differently.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That would be great! Keep in mind - we own both companies and I have domain specific emails for both - it would just be nice to get them in the same Partners account.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hey Conner, Sorry for the slow reply, the day consumed me...

So in your case, you have 2 MCC's with different emails linked to each. You want to link them both to the partners account. This really comes down to the type of MCC's you currently have in place. If its top level MCC you cant merge top to top but if that is not the case you can follow the steps below. I strongly suggest you call support and have them check everything prior to wasting time. I was speaking with @Eric_G and he said he had this issue before with 2 top level MCC's.

If top level is not the case create a master MCC with a new email address. Link both MCC's to the new master and then link the master to your Partners account. This should get both synced. Let me know the outcome. One last thing morning hours seems to produce good results from support so I would give it one last shot prior to pressing go! 1-866-246-6453

Hope this helps buddy! Have a great day!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all your help Spencer! Greatly appreciate you going out of your way to help me out. I have a call scheduled with someone from support on Monday - so I will be sure to post the outcome.

Have a great weekend!