Partners
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Member not receiving confirmation email on Gmail for company affiliation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a colleague who is trying to add our company as an affiliate to his profile in Google Partners. The issue is that he is not receiving the confirmation email to his gmail. I have tried with my gmail account and i receive the confirmation email.

Any pointers what could be the issue? 

He tried checking his junk mail, clearing cookies, trying it on another browser. Nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advanced for the help,

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Member not receiving confirmation email on Gmail for company affiliation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello John,

I assume you are talking about this email? This goes out to the Company page owner. 

11.JPG

And this is what they get after linking with your company.

22.JPG

When you go into your company profile tab and click the People Tab, do you see them on the list?

This would be the main company page. After he affiliates the company to his profile does he see an affiliation link under his My Profile tab? 

333.JPG
Just wanted to try and help. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Spencer, yes this is what i'm talking about and i'm the Company page owner.

For me to receive this email you mentioned above, my colleague needs to receive the confirmation email with the confirmation link. Once that's done, i get notified about a connection request and that user is added to the People Tab as pending request.

But since his confirmation email doesn't get into his Gmail inbox, my colleague can not confirmation his account. I can not do anything to help him.

Not sure if this an issue with my colleague's gmail or with google partners.

John

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey John, 

Cool, I understand  what you are saying. I wanted to add some visuals so we are on the same page. When the employee logs into Google Partners and goes to My Profile. Under the Company Affiliation area, does it allow him to see your name when trying to add to his page? 

So he goes to his My Profile, clicks to add your company.

11111.JPG

He sees your company on a list, clicks add,

333.JPG

You the page owner should get a message? Did you get anything? You the owner will get the notification message.

11.JPG

Then after you accept it, he will get this message in his inbox. 

22.JPG

I hope I am not missing something here, but you will be the one granting access and getting the initial email. Check yours and see if anything has come through"Spam As Well". 

Let us know.... 

And if all else fails try and call in for assistance! Direct Call Link Here! 

Keep us posted on the outcome! 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Spencer,

After clicking "Affiliate" with the company. The user is suppose to get this email below and needs to click "confirm email address". 

confirm.png

Once this is done, as the Google Partners company page owner, i will get notified.

But since my colleague can't get the confirmation email, we can't move forward.

This seems more likely an issue with his gmail than anything else. Unless there's something else i'm missing.

Cheers

John

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ah ha, Sorry for all the back and forth.... John, I think I see whats going on, the colleague has to be accepted 1st in Google Partners Platform, that should happen pretty fast, once he is accepted, he will get this communication for linking. When your partner logs in what does he see in the partner portal? Does he see the image below?

EDIT: [If you can share an screenshot of what he see's on his drop-down that will help, no personal information. And it might be worth calling the support line if you need to try and expedite this] 

11111.JPG

But I think he is still in step one of being approved to join the partner network, once that is complete, he will be able to affiliate with your company. 

Maybe Yvonne can take a look into this or Alex, the portion of getting them into the partner network. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you guys find a solution to this? Cannot add employee to Partners page because he does not receive confirmation email from Google Partners. Tried everything but simply no emails coming through from Google Partners!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm exactly in the same situation.

I'm trying to associate the agency I work for in my partners profile, but I never received the verification email, so I cannot start the process and the partners admin do not see me in their pending requests.

Other employees have been approved with their personal Gmail accounts, so what could be the issue with my own Gmail account?

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We did not get any more support for this, so we decided to tell our colleagues to create new gmail accounts.