AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Lost partner Status due to Performance

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just lost my Partner status due to performance. Note that I have two campaigns currently running and they are doing exceptionally well. I have tried to use the opportunities tab when it makes sense as some suggestions do not add value to the campaign objective thus I ignore such. Am I being penalised for this? Note that my overall spend have also dropped compared to the last six months due to factors beyond my control. So do I qualify for partner status only when I spend heavily on Google or when I spend the little that I have objectively to attain the clients goals within the limited budget?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael D
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

I am sorry to hear of this. 

Please note that not applying the suggestions within the opportunity section does not/did not/will not affect your Badged Google Partners status. These are merely suggestions from from the automated system and managers must always review, assess and apply only when they agree with the suggestions. 

With that said, the Badged Google Partners systems is a very specific unit within Google AdWords. Not everyone is suppose to qualify for it and not being badged does not prevent you from running your campaigns. If you are certified, you can claim to be certified in AdWords, which is plenty to market yourself with. You are also a member of the Google Partners community, which is also a great thing to stand on. 

Being a Badged Google Partners agency does require over performing and growing your accounts and agency. It does require a thought process that not everyone needs to strive for. And it is not something that cannot be obtained by yourself next month or down the road. 

We (you, me, professionals with AdWords) must always work for our clients, think for our clients, apply the best practices of AdWords to our best ability. We must always have their interests in mind with every action. This is our first obligation, in my option, to being a professional advertising individual.

If you review the current requirements for being a Badged Google Partner, you will see that performance, spend and growth all are needed. So a big drop in spend management (even though performance is super great) will affect holding the badge. We all are faced with this at all times. Same thing for a big drop in performance while maintaining a high level of spend management. They are all highly important. 

I would say to quietly remove the badge from your website and marketing and shift gears to being a certified professional. Kick back, work hard for your clients and maintain your pace as you wish. Then as you decide to, amp things up and achieve the badged status once again. 

You can also visit Google Partners and log in with the agency credentials and see the agency performance, which is important for us all to do monthly, if not weekly (or more often). Your agency performance is the sum of many factors, and is different from purely your campaign performance. 

Please know that this community appreciates each and every member and you are always welcome. This is the Google Partners community (not the Badged Google Partners community). 

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael D
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

I am sorry to hear of this. 

Please note that not applying the suggestions within the opportunity section does not/did not/will not affect your Badged Google Partners status. These are merely suggestions from from the automated system and managers must always review, assess and apply only when they agree with the suggestions. 

With that said, the Badged Google Partners systems is a very specific unit within Google AdWords. Not everyone is suppose to qualify for it and not being badged does not prevent you from running your campaigns. If you are certified, you can claim to be certified in AdWords, which is plenty to market yourself with. You are also a member of the Google Partners community, which is also a great thing to stand on. 

Being a Badged Google Partners agency does require over performing and growing your accounts and agency. It does require a thought process that not everyone needs to strive for. And it is not something that cannot be obtained by yourself next month or down the road. 

We (you, me, professionals with AdWords) must always work for our clients, think for our clients, apply the best practices of AdWords to our best ability. We must always have their interests in mind with every action. This is our first obligation, in my option, to being a professional advertising individual.

If you review the current requirements for being a Badged Google Partner, you will see that performance, spend and growth all are needed. So a big drop in spend management (even though performance is super great) will affect holding the badge. We all are faced with this at all times. Same thing for a big drop in performance while maintaining a high level of spend management. They are all highly important. 

I would say to quietly remove the badge from your website and marketing and shift gears to being a certified professional. Kick back, work hard for your clients and maintain your pace as you wish. Then as you decide to, amp things up and achieve the badged status once again. 

You can also visit Google Partners and log in with the agency credentials and see the agency performance, which is important for us all to do monthly, if not weekly (or more often). Your agency performance is the sum of many factors, and is different from purely your campaign performance. 

Please know that this community appreciates each and every member and you are always welcome. This is the Google Partners community (not the Badged Google Partners community). 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Clemens,

Thanks for the prompt response. Greatly appreciate.

Michael

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In the opportunities section, if the suggestion doesn't apply to your client "dismiss" the suggestion by clicking the X.  It will allow you to give a reason, and then will increase your account score.