Partners
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Loss of Specialization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello All,

I recently got an email that I've lost my Google shopping specialization. The email linked to this article: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6370157

I far as I can tell, I meet all 3 of those requirements ion the bullet points: https://www.screencast.com/t/OHoAPs1k

I'm the certified user, and our spend is above 10k per 90 day period. I'll admit to being a little in the dark on what's meant by product expertise.

Has anyone else gotten this email, and can shed some light about what might be going on?

Thanks!
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Loss of Specialization

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Joe C

Have you navigated to your partner profile? https://www.google.com/partners/#p_adwordscompanycertification.

There is a dashboard at the bottom with widgets for every available AdWords specialization. It will give you the status for the 3 metrics per specialization: 1) performance, 2) spend, 3) certified individuals.

When one (or more) of the metrics goes off, it's clearly indicated. Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 14.41.06.png

Hope this will help. If that doesn't work, try getting in touch with your rep as @Spencer_Wade suggested. 

-Julia

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Loss of Specialization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Joe C,

Sorry to hear about the drop, in most cases it's tied to a variety of factors, the requirements section shows what is needed to get the badge and specializations come from spend and performance. I would try and connect with your rep if you have one, if not go through all your accounts and check everything you can, look at the opportunities tabs and check all your settings, then give it a week or more to see if your changes help get you back over the needed level for the Shopping Specialization. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Loss of Specialization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Spencer!

Any of those settings in particular that you would recommend looking at?

Loss of Specialization

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Joe C,

No worries, these emails can be a little vague. I would just deep dive into your accounts, look over all the best practices available that fit your current accounts, put any missing elements in action and wait to see if the performance dip comes back. 

Do a quick audit of
1. objectives

2. bid strategies

3. campaign structure

4. Audience/ Bid Accordingly 

Create and Optimize Effective Shopping Campaigns: Google Best Practices would be a great place to start and check all the recommendations with your accounts. 

Last, continue to Optimize your accounts...

It might be worth signing up for the newsletter too

Have a nice weekend! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Loss of Specialization

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Joe C

Have you navigated to your partner profile? https://www.google.com/partners/#p_adwordscompanycertification.

There is a dashboard at the bottom with widgets for every available AdWords specialization. It will give you the status for the 3 metrics per specialization: 1) performance, 2) spend, 3) certified individuals.

When one (or more) of the metrics goes off, it's clearly indicated. Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 14.41.06.png

Hope this will help. If that doesn't work, try getting in touch with your rep as @Spencer_Wade suggested. 

-Julia

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.