Partners
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Losing Partner Badge - Performance

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have had the partner badge for about a year. I received notice of losing it by 5/1 due to performance. I am trying to wrap my head around this.

I am very involved in my accounts, manage them well, and client expectations are always exceeded. The only part of the "performance" formula I see an issue with is for some reason Google lumps in "growing business" into performance, which I think is pretty lousy.

I understand retention, but growing business is more about business development and does not specifically impact performance.

Not to mention, I am an independent contractor for my old agency. They focus on bringing in new clients. Do you have to always be adding clients or you fail that part of the performance calculation?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

I do not think just one element is looked at for performance but more of a collective of many elements. From my understanding, it requires a lot of adjustments to your accounts, not just meeting client expectations. I mean you need to be utilizing new features, making regular changes, keeping up with changes and adjusting accordingly.

Being a badged Google Partner is to be the best in class with AdWords and Google Best Practices. It requires a constant push to fully understand & use AdWords and all Google Best Practices. These are the most important. Growth is looked at and required, too, but growth without everything else is not going to maintain the badge... it's the sum of all elements. 

You can still work to regain it again, if you decide to. This older thread covers some great suggestions to use. 

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@James_Clemens

I appreciate the response. I am on top of my accounts. I have been in paid search for the last 8 years (and 11 of the last 17). I'm not a set it and forget it manager. I actively manage my accounts, stay up-to-date on features and apply them as applicable.

My point of saying exceeding client expectations goes toward the requirement of client retention and client revenue 

According to the link below, best practices has been replaced with "company performance". And you meeting the minimum by "by delivering solid overall AdWords revenue and growth, and maintaining and growing your customer base."

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?user_id=2324819&da_reason=0-7816000016432&hl=en&_...

It also says they now look at "client revenue growth, client retention, overall revenue growth, and growth in number of advertisers."

Obviously, in most cases you aren't going to drive revenue and growth by not staying in line with best practices, but they are making it clear it's about revenue and growth, not "best practices".

Client retention and client revenue growth are good. So that leaves "overall revenue growth", "growth in number of advertisers", which is where we are failing.

Of that list you linked to, the only thing I haven't done on that list is remove accounts that are no longer active from our manager account. I'll give that a shot.

Thanks. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi David,

I do understand. You sound like just the type of badged partners we need. Have you seen this thread... as perhaps your message is tied to this technical issue affecting some partners? 

All the Best,

James

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I considered a bug because all of my "company performance" bars have no green, the overall as well as the specialization.

I was one of those that received the erroneous email last year about losing it. It was later corrected, but I checked with support at the time and they knew of the issue. This time I checked with support before posting here and they weren't aware of an issue.