Partners
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Link to Google Certified Partner URL gets truncated & no images

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

In the my settings section of your profile, you can add a link to your Certified Partner page, unfortunately there is a character limitation and the last 13 characters are truncated which drops folks off at the Certified Partner Page and not at the listing.

Also for months now, I have not been able to post images, error messaging indicates invalid html.  

Any solutions?

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn
3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Theo Bennett
July 2016

Re: Link to Google Certified Partner URL gets truncated & no images

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Theo,

I am going to ask around about this, have you tried the link shortener to see if that takes?

Not sure if it's automatic or you add the link manually but maybe try shortening it to see if it sticks.

Adding an image for test....

111.JPGThis is a test.... jpeg
Or try just adding this link https://www.google.com/analytics/partners/company/4762343758102528/ 

cut out all the extra (gacp/5629499534213120/service/5724160613416960)

And if you can maybe try testing a few images, see if you can grab mine save it to desktop and re-add it to your reply just to test the image posting....

Let me know...

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Theo,

I have seen this image issue before with another user, from memory it was image type that was causing the issues.

As far as the link are your referencing your personal profile or company profile?

Company profile should just be www.google/partners/?hl=en-US#a_profile;idtf=(Plus 10 Numbers)

Personal Profile should be www.google.com/partners/#i_profile;idtf=(Plus 21 Numbers)

Are yours different? Have you tried calling into support?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey Spencer,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried all image types and browsers nothing works. I used to be able to post images without a problem. Even old images I've posted before cannot be used. I think it's a problem with the lithium platform.

Our agency is a premier partner but also a GA & GTM Certified Partner. I work on the Analytics side and the link to the GACP profile is:

https://www.google.com/analytics/partners/company/4762343758102528/gacp/5629499534213120/service/572...

Which, as I said gets truncated to:
https://www.google.com/analytics/partners/company/4762343758102528/gacp/5629499534213120/service/572

Smiley Sad

Best,

Theo
Connect on LinkedIn
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Theo Bennett
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Theo,

I am going to ask around about this, have you tried the link shortener to see if that takes?

Not sure if it's automatic or you add the link manually but maybe try shortening it to see if it sticks.

Adding an image for test....

111.JPGThis is a test.... jpeg
Or try just adding this link https://www.google.com/analytics/partners/company/4762343758102528/ 

cut out all the extra (gacp/5629499534213120/service/5724160613416960)

And if you can maybe try testing a few images, see if you can grab mine save it to desktop and re-add it to your reply just to test the image posting....

Let me know...

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Good man - thanks. I don't like the link shorteners as the data is public and I don't want everyone to know that no one clicks from my profile. Smiley Happy Images are still a problem but I know what it's like to help folks and not get the solution accepted. Smiley Happy

-Theo
Connect on LinkedIn

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey Theo,

Are we one down and one to go? Did the link below take successfully? As far as the images, you are using the editor obviously, and when you upload you get the html error message. I am trying to recreate it, were you able to grab the image and save and re-add-it or was that a no-go? 

123.JPGIs this what you see when you press insert photo?

testing another upload....

456.JPGDoes your code look like this when you press HTML?
You might be gone for the weekend, if so enjoy it, if not hit reply if you want to try and get this out of the way! We want to see your images (Smiley Happy lol)

As far as the accepted solution you are too kind that is the name of the game for most, but for me it's truly just about getting you to a positive result, but I do thank you for your online professional etiquette..

Have a great weekend! 

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hey Spencer,

Still going but it's Bourbon time. Smiley Very Happy

So me too, love helping folks - especially with data but teh "Thank you so much!" while gratifying - fells better wrapped with some Kudos and Accepted solution! Smiley Happy I'll test the image in one more reply.

-Theo
Connect on LinkedIn

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
No dice on the images... and this is a different machine - hence my belief that it's a lithium problem.

This is the error messaging:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.
Connect on LinkedIn

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Nice time of the day "Bourbon time"

Sounds like we are the same page here. I will shamly admit it adds some boost to the daily effort... Smiley Happy

Cheers bud!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Doh, Strike 3 you're out here...

I passed it up the food chain through feedback, I shared as much details as psoosible.. Images are so 1980's anyway Smiley Happy

We'll get this --> Cheers....