Partners
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

LLC or INC. to comply with partnership guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Before applying for the Google Analytics Partner account, will a LLC. work for the business entity type, or does it need to be an INC.? Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Derek,

Either one will work and are very close in legal structure. You will want to also make sure to have local business license and be fully set up to do business in your area. 

Please keep in mind that the Google Analytics Partner system will be more focused on your expertise in Analytics and the value you provide to your existing clients... and to future ones, too. You will have to start with getting approved as a Service Partner  and then you can move on to being a Sales Partner. They are both great tracks to pursue. If you are a developer or possess heavy application skills, the technology partner might be a great fit somewhere down the road.  

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thank you. That clarifies it.

Can listings in the partner directory be personal/solo consultant names, or must it be the name of the registered LLC/Corporation?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Derek,

You are very welcome. 

Your listing, upon acceptance, will be based on your application submission and your legal "doing business as" name. Take a look at this search of partners to better understand what a listing looks like. As you will see, they are pretty much company names, since being a company is required to be a partner. When you see a name with no Inc or LLC after their name, they typically have filed a fictitious name registration with their respective state that allows them to do business as even though they are a corporation. Some prefer to do this and others do not.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not for Google itself but for your company I suggest INC company. Smiley Happy