AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Issues with setting up Google Partner Account. Asking to use email address on my domain. HELP!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used my main company Gmail account to access and pass the Adwords exams yesterday. I then tried to set up a Google Partner account and it's asking me to use an email address on my main domain. I enter in my proper work email (I'm the owner of the company) and it states that email is already in use and linked to Adwords. I see in my Adwords profile that I have a drop down under my name and then PRIMARY ACCOUNT for 2 email addresses. One is my main Gmail and the other is my main domain email, which I never used to access. I'm confused and am seeking any help or guidance. Thank you in advance! - Patrick

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick M
July 2016

Re: Issues with setting up Google Partner Account. Asking to use email address on my domain. HELP!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Patrick,

I have seen issues like this in the past, you might get some good feedback on what to do, but in a case like this, why not try and call into support to see if they will look at the issue directly. Partner Support

Just dont want you going on a chase on what you can do as support should be able to see the issue and give you steps to take to correct it. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick M
July 2016

Re: Issues with setting up Google Partner Account. Asking to use email address on my domain. HELP!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Patrick,

I have seen issues like this in the past, you might get some good feedback on what to do, but in a case like this, why not try and call into support to see if they will look at the issue directly. Partner Support

Just dont want you going on a chase on what you can do as support should be able to see the issue and give you steps to take to correct it. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the quick tip, Spencer. I did the Live Chat and screen sharing to get it resolved. My main company email was hidden in my main Gmail account as an "Alternative Email", not the "Recovery Email". So, that was the issue. But, we deleted it and it worked immediately. Really appreciate your help as well. Cheers! - Patrick

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
That's really good news Patrick, glad you made it past the gatekeepers Smiley Happy and glad you are all set now!

Congratulations on your business and Good luck on your next steps!

Have a great day/weekend!