AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to make Partner Badge appear clickable on mouse-over or hover?

[ Edited ]
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have the Partner badge proudly displaying on our site, working properly - except for one tiny issue.

When you mouse over it (or hover on it) the cursor does not change to the hand, or do anything else to indicate this is a clickable link.  The link works - if you click it, it goes to the right page.  It just does not show that it is a real link, the way other links behave upon mouse over. 

It may be related to the fact that the 3 little dots show our specialization - but this is only one small part of the badge. 

It just seems like bad usability to have a clickable object on the page, that does not in fact indicate it is clickable.

Anybody notice this or more importantly, have a solution?

TIA

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi eCI,

The behavior you describe is how the badge works so everything is working properly. I will think on it some as to any possible hacks. 

Thanks for visiting Google Partners and offering your idea for improving the badging system. 

Kind Regards,

James

eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi James,

I understood that it is working properly.  But in my opinion, it is not correct for UX - and I'm surprised that Google provides it this way.

I'm looking for a way to make it appear clickable.

I'll post back here if I find it.