Partners
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Is the Google Advantage Program a scam?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A client of our was invited to take part in the Google Advantage Program.  There is little information  on line about this program.  Is it truly a Google offering?  Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike B
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

No, it is not a scam... but an actual program by Google, which is by invite only. It's a very limited program that is not offered large scale. 

With that said, there are endless copycat scams with all of Google offerings, so you would want to make sure they are interacting with someone with an email address that ends in google.com (not gmail.com).

All the Best,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike B
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

No, it is not a scam... but an actual program by Google, which is by invite only. It's a very limited program that is not offered large scale. 

With that said, there are endless copycat scams with all of Google offerings, so you would want to make sure they are interacting with someone with an email address that ends in google.com (not gmail.com).

All the Best,

James 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello @Mike B

I looked around and didnt see anything about it, let me ask around and see if its valid or if anyone know anything about it. Did the correspondence come from a google.com address? 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

What is the program?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We were contacted as well, and told they work with select companies. We don't currently do any online advertising or AdWords, so it looks like it's a sales tactic to get people to start advertising online and generate revenue for Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We were contacted via email to look out for a package of which we received. It contained a personalized letter as well as a pair of Google Cardboard.  Thinking that this is a scam or very clever marketing scheme I first checked the headers in the email (from @goolge.com) to ensure they were legit then replied. They replied back and we volleyed for a bit so I can ensure she was human.  She wasn’t able to answer why we were chosen and flat out said she has no idea why anyone is chosen and that will be revealed during our meeting (which we have tomorrow).  

I actually use Google ads quite heavily and with some decent success. I do not use Adsense. Use all aspects of google business despite giving the app a scathing albeit perfectly fair review. 

I look at it like this: If you can barely find anything about a subject it doesn’t mean it’s a scam or fake - it just means there isn’t enough publically available information circulating about.   

While Google has a huge sum of $, they would create more positive publicity by using that $ to feed homeless or starving children or throwing money off of a roof than they would gain by a clever marketing scheme like this. Sure the feeling that I was chosen by Google is great, but in this era it means nothing if it’s not really exclusive. 

All i I can do is hope this is something useful and not just more basic info.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dan - what was the outcome of your meeting? What did you learn? I received a similar email this morning.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I'm also curious to know how the meeting went. We also received this "exclusive invitation" from google and I'm curious to know if your meeting had any substance.

Re: Is the Google Advantage Program a scam?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It’s just a sales tactic. When it became clear that we weren’t a candidate for large volumes of AdWords, the sales guy went dark.

[cid:image001.png@01D37846.AA11BF50]

[cid:image002.png@01D37846.AA11BF50]

Ken Schmaltz
Corporate Marketing Manager| The Stream-Flo Group of Companies
Office: 403.269.5531 | Direct: 403.781.5808 | Cell: 403.808.9220
400, 202 – 6 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 2R9
kschmaltz@streamflo.com | www.streamflo.com| www.masterflo.com

This email may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying, or taking action in reliance on the contents is strictly prohibited. Please disregard this email if you are not the original intended recipient. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender. Neither Stream-Flo Industries Ltd. nor Master Flo Valve Inc. accept liability for statements or expressed opinions that are clearly the view of the sender.

♻ Please consider the environment before printing this email.