AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

How would you rate the Adwords Partner support channel vs. regular support channel?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the Partner's community, and wanted to find out if the Partner's support channel has some benefits over the regular Adwords support channels?

Would you say you land on more qualified individuals who have a bit more pull than through other channels? 

I recently got a few ads wrongfully disapproved by Adwords, and have been battling with the regular Adwords support channel to have them revert the disapprovals, with no luck. It had totally slipped my mind that I was part of the Partner's community, and could benefit from the membership.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Cheers,

Michal

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michal B
June 2016

Re: How would you rate the Adwords Partner support channel vs. regular support channel?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I would change the ad copy anyway. I think that would be misleading/confusing to the user to say "software" if it's not software. Say "program" or "system" instead.

View solution in original post

Re: How would you rate the Adwords Partner support channel vs. regular support channel?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michal B,

Welcome to the Google Partners Community here on the Advertiser Community. 

Sorry to hear of your Ad issue, which can certainly be frustrating. The support system is pretty straight forward for Adwords and there is no getting around an ad that is disapproved, so it is not about finding the right connection to make it happen. Just delete the ad and rewrite it adhering to the quality guidelines and you will be back in action in no time. 

As for the help system for Adwords versus the help system for Google Partners, that can vary depending on your agency size and whether you are a Badged Google Partner or a member of the Google Partner Community. Those are two very different systems. However, regardless of the two, please know that Google made some changes in 2016 with the support system and the support systems are a bit more consolidated than they were in the past. 

Some agencies that are Badged Google Partners have a dedicated rep (or had) for years, but most are reporting here lately that they have been reshuffled and have a new dedicated rep. Support reps often rotate after three months and some support reps are really good and some are okay. Generally speaking, Adwords (and Google) provides great help that is responsive and concerned of any issues and will help. 

Further, the Advertiser Community houses four distinct units of Google under one roof. I like to think of this as one building with four floors.

First Floor: Google Adwords

Second Floor: Google My Business

Third Floor: Google Analytics

Fourth Floor: Google Partners (you are here now)

And each of these floors offers experts to help that are either Google employees (Googlers), titled experts, agency owners (which I am), novices seeking help, members of the Google Partners Community or Badged Google Partners (which I am). I help where I can to contribute, expand my technical understandings, and improve my writing style.

I really enjoy helping out and have a wealth of knowledge in business operations (company started in 1992), agency ownership, Adwords, Badged Google Partners, Digital Marketing, Website Development and stuff like that, but I would not be able to provide any type of Google support. I am saying all of this to define what can and cannot be offered by means of support here.

Truly, there are a ton of smart people here willing to help, but if you want to find those Googlers within the Adwords systems... you would want to hit the elevator and land on the first floor. Robot Happy We cover Google Partners here on the fourth floor, which encompasses Adwords and all things related to being a Google Partner, but the main Adwords department is on the first floor.

I hope this helps... and please post up and stick around. We have a great community here in the Google Partners Community where we discuss a wide range of stuff relevant to most anyone in digital marketing or website operations.

Have a great Wednesday and be Google great!

-James 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I general think that "support" questions to to the Adwords community. But, discussion and networking questions reside here. We are more of a forum/community/relationships.

So... Anyway... Why were the ads disapproved and why is it incorrect? I'll see if I can help.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
We're promoting a web-based software-as-a-service, with no desktop/local installations required. We're providing a free 14 day trial, so in a few ads, we used keywords like "free" "14 day trial" "software". Now even though we may have had used those keywords in ad copy, it doesn't necessarily mean that we're promoting "Free Desktop Software" -- which we're being flagged for.

In reality, we're simply mirroring what people are querying for with single keyword ad groups. So if the person searched for "Free XYZ software", even though they may have wanted "software", well web-based software can also do the trick, hence we're re-using the word "software" with goals to increase relevancy / CTR's upon search.

But Adwords' algorithms automatically assume that just because we used such keywords in various places in our ad, that we're actually promoting products that are equivalent to "Free Desktop Software". If we want to keep relevancy between what the user's query was, and our ad copy, I don't think that taking out "free" and "software" from our ad copy is the way to go.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michal B
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I would change the ad copy anyway. I think that would be misleading/confusing to the user to say "software" if it's not software. Say "program" or "system" instead.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem is that, it is "software", it's "software-as-a-service", what it's not is: "desktop software", which is confusing Adwords systems and support individuals.

Either way, seems like we'll have no choice but to do what you recommend! Thanks for your help!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Have you considered using the following terminology:

Demo - 14-Day Trial
SaaS - Software as a Service
Solution Provider
100% Cloud Platform
SaaS Cloud Solutions

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Michal,

If you still have trouble, you could post your case in the Policy section of the AdWords Community and see if that helps - I know some of the people that focus on policy and if anyone can help, they can. I've seen many cases (mostly suspension related) where folks who had no luck calling support were able to get situations resolved here. They may be able to elaborate or give you better interpretations of Google's language and/or recommendations for your ads/site too (if needed).

-Tommy 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey J Clemens,

Yes I have, I think we're using every variation possible Smiley Happy

Thanks for your input!