Partners
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Review Impersonation/harassment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Ref Maps Listing:

melimarketing 

832-821-6354

https://g.co/kgs/NdyV6k

Hi friends- I have a serious issue, I have a person claiming to be a business posting fake reviews out of CA on my google listing. This is occurring daily. The reviews say I am not a Google Partner (which we are badged) and that I am a scam. They are also claiming Google is telling them not to do business with me. I contacted your Google My Business Support team and they removed 2- but daily more are appearing, I am a established business w a 16 year pristine reputation, it s concerning Google does not have the ability to escalate this situation and it has been going on for 2 weeks. I was allowing Google to handle & yesterday the man starting calling and harrassing my businesss directly impersonating another google partner business. All I can think is he is sick, I really don't understand what he gains from all this - I am in Texas not CA- but I really need help and my dedicated badge support rep has not called me back. Google you have got to have a way to block CA ips???

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August

Re: Google Review Impersonation/harassment

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Melissa H,

I am really sorry to hear about this harassment. I have dealt with something similar in the past for a client and it was tuff to get them removed completely. There a few things I would do the 1st is call an attorney, this is a form of harassment. Sending a demanding letter might get their attention. Another option is to keep calling into Google, try early in the morning PST, ask for a manger and explain this to them in detail. Sounds like you have tried but sometimes people dont know how to handle these inbound calls so I figured that calling in the 9-11 time frame PST gets the best responses IMHO. 

Another option is to get as many of your colleagues together to start flagging the reviews. The more flags from different IP's the better. I will flag them now too. You need to take screenshots for records. 

policy.PNG

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August

Re: Google Review Impersonation/harassment

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Melissa H,

I am really sorry to hear about this harassment. I have dealt with something similar in the past for a client and it was tuff to get them removed completely. There a few things I would do the 1st is call an attorney, this is a form of harassment. Sending a demanding letter might get their attention. Another option is to keep calling into Google, try early in the morning PST, ask for a manger and explain this to them in detail. Sounds like you have tried but sometimes people dont know how to handle these inbound calls so I figured that calling in the 9-11 time frame PST gets the best responses IMHO. 

Another option is to get as many of your colleagues together to start flagging the reviews. The more flags from different IP's the better. I will flag them now too. You need to take screenshots for records. 

policy.PNG

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a really tough situation. I hope Google can help with that.

Are you able to turn posts and feedback "off"? At least to stop further posts from occurring. 

Getting a cease and desist letter from an attorney would be helpful, but if the reviews are coming form an international IP address, it may be tough to deal with that. 

Also, you could have a clause similar to an NDA with clients about leaving feedback on social media, unless these are approved by you. Not sure if your state's laws would support that. 

Best of luck to you. 

Jeremy Vargas

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Melissa H,

Sorry to hear of all of this. 

Spencer has been working on this for you (and has accomplished much). Upon reviewing your Google listing, I do see that the actual "harassing" reviews are gone and you are left with 2 actual good reviews at this time. The Google knowledge Panel (large info box on right side of the Google SERPs - search engine results pages) does still show some negative review wording but no reviews are present. Since this is a machine learning (A.I.) system, it will take a little more time to update. 

Please note that your badged Google Partner rep is not really able to assist with this type of issue, as they are here to help with AdWords performance, new account onboarding, trend reports, keyword research and things related to your badged Google Partner status.

The issue you are having is related to your organic Google presence, namely reviews with the Google My Business platform, and so they are the main ones that have to get involved and help you if this issue returns. The Google My Business team are able to interact with engineers and the tech team for Google reviews. To interact with Google My Business Support, please use this web form to request a call back or email. If you have a case number and interactions already, use that stream to keep contacting them for every new incident. They will monitor your reviews and help faster... and even add measures to block further issues, if needed. Blocking IPs is not the solution since there are ways to circumvent that countermeasure. 

As for the harassing phone calls, neither platforms within Google (GP or GMB) can help with that. You should be able to get help through your phone service provider. Each service provider offers different ways to assist with this. You have to get them involved for them to help.

Thank you for being a badged Google Partner and for visiting the Google Partners community. Please let us know how things go with all of this. We do hope everything smooths out very soon.

Kind Regards,

James