AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Ask questions about badging, the Partners portal, and anything related to your Partners account.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Partners event - next week

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We signed up to host Google event next week and so far filled all the spot we had, but still haven't received the hosting package from Google.

I emailed partners-support@google.com a few days ago to follow up, nobody answered. It's funny that there's no direct connect, no phone number, ...

Why are you so disorganized in managing these events? I'm really going to cancel this event if nobody answer my questions and never volunteer to do this in future.

It just create a bad image of us in the eye of local clients.

Thanks,

Mehdi

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Partners event - next week

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Medhi,

Sorry to hear about the no reply, prior to these events everyone gets really busy. There hasn't been anyone that has received the packages yet, so I would give it this week to get sorted.

At times it can feel like no one is available but I assure you they are and are doing there best to get these out in the time needed.

Don't get frustrated just give it sometime and I assure you if you have followed the steps correctly you will be getting yours just like the rest of the agencies hosting the event.

I assure you that the team cares for all of us agencies and will do their best to get them out in time for the events.

Just wanted to let you know we are all waiting too and dont get discouraged, but If I can give any advice for any event is have back up plan in case you need it.

Don't get frustrated get creative.

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

As @Spencer_Wade mentioned above you are supposed to get it soon, we haven't received them either. I'll post in here, when we receive ours, @Mehdi Z

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Spencer,

Thank you for your response.

I can't figure out why it's this way. They can send us the shipping confirmation, some follow up emails and so on to make sure everything is in place.

It's not that hard! specially for a company like Google!!!

The time of event is actually the main source of concern for me! We're on EDT and when I signed up for the event, the time converted to EDT was 3pm-4pm, now it's 12pm - 1pm on May 4th.

I just worry people show up in our office and we find out that they're here at the wrong time!!!!

Best,
Mehdi

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Mehdi,

Believe me I understand it gets a little daunting when the time is getting closer. Here is what I suggest you do. Set up a FEDEX account. When your company gets a new package in process you will notified via email, I do this myself and haven't received any notices as of yet. So go to FedEx Delivery Manager and set up your account. 

I also log into my partners account and create some discount coupons, you can pull codes and create a one page flyer for back up if something fails with a delivery. I do this as a back up, on the one page flyer I attach any info that is present on the main event form and keep it as a back up, just wanted to give you some ideas, I also go to the YouTube AdWords channel, Partner Channel & the Small Business Channel and get some back up  videos if you need to kill some time before during or after the event. 

You can even take it a step further and have a web page on your site with the video and access to a coupon code that way if someone cant make it you can send them to your webpage with the video and the coupon codes to keep outside opportunities alive.  

Just wanted to give you some ideas and last dont get discouraged just have a back up and you will be golden, the attendees care more about you and what you want to say than any swag from Google. This is a great reason to have some promo items for your company so if something ever failed you are 100% backed up.

Set up an FedEx account and get some back up ideas rolling and just do what you have to do to have a successful event. 

Hang in there and good luck on landing some new business. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
@Spencer_Wade, I'm extremely jealous if you were able to setup a FedEx Delivery Manager account at your office.

Since moving to a new location, we've been flagged for signup due to "the address you provided is commercial or business address. These services are for residential addresses only."

Glad to see I'm not alone in creating flyers & promo codes for attendees, however Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I created a FedEx account, but it doesn't show any incoming package!

Anyway, good advises, So now I know I'm not alone!!!

Thank you for great suggestions...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Oh snap strike one for me Andrew... Dang offices...

Seeing your post, I called FEDEX and pleaded with them, I asked to be transferred to a manager and they did and I pleaded with them to open this opportunity for businesses, whether it goes anywhere or not, I did ask to take my issue to the right people as I feel the 80/20 rule applies here 80% of their business comes from commercial use so having tools for business would save everyone in the long haul. I pleaded our case to the FEDEX help ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ line Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Awesome Mehdi, Glad you are moving forward, I dont have any notices yet either.

Another suggestion would be have a time table set up for your guest, first 30 minutes meet & greet, second 15 you talking about the event, next 30 live event, next 15 you closing, last hour, sign up your attendees for a free online consultation.

I like having a plan laid out so if all goes south with technology or anything in the process you have a plan to move the needle forward. I usually even have a back up for the live event, other videos or content to carry the way through in case of technical difficulties...

Good luck on your event...

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner
Anyone receive their package yet? I haven't yet and actually called the Partners line yesterday and got no answer...was on hold for 57 minutes (in the background) before pushing the button to leave a message. I also emailed and have yet to receive a response.

Looking forward to the event.